moffman

Is this just another rumour???

33 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Wait, a Mid and a Turbo Mid? 

Nah. The first batch of these standard Mids come with a Turbo decal sheet and wing as bonus parts. No idea what this means for the Turbo getting a release as a full kit with option parts provided. Maybe they will skip the Turbo as a kit and go straight to the Turbo SE. There are a lot of Mid variants and it is probably not viable to bring them all back in kit form.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wandy said:

Vid of the new Mid at the Kyosho fair...

Nice seeing the Mid back and thank you for providing the video. I'm in

• Like 2

Where are you guys ordering these from? EVERYONE has been waiting for one. Very much Avante and Bruiser level of excitement. I want!

1 hour ago, GTodd said:

Where are you guys ordering these from? EVERYONE has been waiting for one. Very much Avante and Bruiser level of excitement. I want!

No lie, I even thought about ordering one from the UK but seems that nobody is taking pre-orders, even. 

14 hours ago, Wandy said:

Vid of the new Mid at the Kyosho fair...

Thanks for sharing. I too have no idea where to order one 😰

Ps tried turning on the auto translate captions in English, and what came out... 😂🤣

I’m a dye in the wool Tamiya guy, but I NEED this! I wish I could pre-order! This will be my last unless Tamiya does a Kingcab.

2 hours ago, GTodd said:

I’m a dye in the wool Tamiya guy, but I NEED this! I wish I could pre-order! This will be my last unless Tamiya does a Kingcab.

Screenshot_20220202-065615_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220202-064654_Chrome.jpg

I wished they just release the Turbo Optima Mid instead of the Optima Mid. Let's be honest, who is not going to get all those hop-up parts :D

16 hours ago, GTodd said:

Modelsport.co.uk for mine. 

Oof... too rich for my blood. Though I might do the same thing I did with the Ultima, and wait for a good deal on an original, now that the re-release is official. Still kicking myself for selling the one I had a few years ago...

• Like 1

This is the best news I’ve had this year so far. I’ve been waiting for my holy grail car, the Turbo Optima Mid for so many years now. May be the first time I buy 2x at the one time. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 6:22 AM, markbt73 said:

Oof... too rich for my blood. Though I might do the same thing I did with the Ultima, and wait for a good deal on an original, now that the re-release is official. Still kicking myself for selling the one I had a few years ago...

Yeah I’d love to be getting one of these, but too rich for me I think, having a mint Turbo SE on my shelf eases the pain, if not I’d be finding a way. Who knows though, once available, I may still bite the bullet 

16 minutes ago, toyolien said:

How many of you guys that are getting one are going to run it?

Me. I run all of them, might only be in fields or the garden but that's what they're for... Except my Avante. Couldn't cope if I broke it! I had a Mid when it first came out so can't wait to be taken back 25 years or so. 

• Like 1

Me too. I'm just not a shelf kind of guy. Optima is my no.1 RC itch to scratch (didn't even have to be a mid, which is after my kid RC time) so I've got one coming but it's to run. Probably not much because I have bashers, but it'll run. Way I see it is it'll get wear but not abuse and I'm fine with that. 

• Like 1

As this re-re mid already has a chassis plate with csk screws, turbo optima gold threaded body dampers and likely the same slipper from the re re optima / javelin - aside from the stabilizer bars is there anything else it would need to make it a Turbo Mid?

36 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Me too. I'm just not a shelf kind of guy. Optima is my no.1 RC itch to scratch (didn't even have to be a mid, which is after my kid RC time) so I've got one coming but it's to run. Probably not much because I have bashers, but it'll run. Way I see it is it'll get wear but not abuse and I'm fine with that. 

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head! These are made to be build and run, not to be kept NIB, put unused on a shelf or being abused IMO. But each to it's own. 

2 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head! These are made to be build and run, not to be kept NIB, put unused on a shelf or being abused IMO. But each to it's own. 

I have no opinion on those who choose to keep them in kit form or on the shelf, it just isn't really me. Maybe one day I'll have a shelfer but only reason I'd have a car in its box is because I haven't got round to building it yet!

Slight irony in that if they weren't designed with performance in mind they presumably wouldn't be desirible in the box or on the shelf either.