Is this just another rumour???

On 2/7/2022 at 8:50 PM, Burniefloyd said:

US Pre-orders up on Amain for $389.99

Screenshot_20220207-214817.png

'Scuse me....

On 2/8/2022 at 2:50 AM, Burniefloyd said:

US Pre-orders up on Amain for $389.99

Screenshot_20220207-214817.png

$389=£287 don't want to rain on anyone's joy at the price! Please prove me wrong because that's a brilliant price but I don't think so?

4 minutes ago, moffman said:

$389=£287 don't want to rain on anyone's joy at the price! Please prove me wrong because that's a brilliant price but I don't think so?

That's around € 340. A € 100 cheaper than here in Europe! 

1 hour ago, Tamiyastef said:

That's around € 340. A € 100 cheaper than here in Europe! 

Not sure if this is responsive,but AMain is a legit retailer.  I've bought many large ticket items from them, with fast shipping and unmatched customer service and support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raman36 said:

Once tower lists it, it will be even cheaper! 

I'm waiting for them to list is since I also have super saver points! Hopefully they have it listed soon but can only wait.

12 hours ago, JamesM3081 said:

I'm waiting for them to list is since I also have super saver points! Hopefully they have it listed soon but can only wait.

Tower is gonna have preorder in march and stock in April 

5 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Wonderful. Where did you get that info? I asked a rep yesterday but they couldn't tell me when they would have the preorder. They always have nice coupons too which will make it even more worth it.

First look at box and blisters…..might be the lighting but that yellow on the box lid looks a bit lighter than than the original?

06AA7220-8417-4947-B85A-17D946F1FE95.jpeg

40461397-AD73-435D-A39C-2866B745C93E.jpeg

• Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 5:07 AM, rwordenjr said:

March is almost done. No pre-order. Ugh. 

Here is a unboxing video in Japanese, surprised that people are getting hold of them this early.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Dtn8. said:

Here is a unboxing video in Japanese, surprised that people are getting hold of them this early.

Looks absolutely fantastic, just like all of the previous Legendary Series. Kyosho really do these re-releases proud.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

First look at box and blisters…..might be the lighting but that yellow on the box lid looks a bit lighter than than the original?

06AA7220-8417-4947-B85A-17D946F1FE95.jpeg

40461397-AD73-435D-A39C-2866B745C93E.jpeg

Indeed. The original yellow had more of orange in it. But it's just the box, not the wheels 😄

• Like 1

What an absolute beauty. Gorgeous. Man the box could be even pink or whatever color they want for all I care 😅 

Anyways, I need to be a little more proactive about my pre-order...

I hope the Kyosho spare and option parts will be in stock again soon. And stay in stock/available for a while.

It just looks superb! I'll go as far as to say its probably the best release this year and it's only March (almost april) all that need to happen now is the hobby shops around the world get them in stock absolutely asp (like yesterday) never mind sending them across the world by boat kyosho need to re-commission one of the Concorde's so we get it quicker and I'll be waiting outside my LHS in my sleeping bag the night before!.......did I mention I can't wait to get my hands on one?

• Haha 2

Just arrived!  I will take my time building this one.. and do a thorough review once complete.  Fee free to ask any questions..

1648717564746.jpg

• Like 3

Aaaargh!! I've got wait till the 29th April to get mine! That's looks superb. What electrics are everyone doing? Brushless? I was going for a Skyrc TS50 or HW106bl with a 13.5 "Blue Bottle". Or maybe brushed for an old school feel? Quality looks really good have to say. 

1 hour ago, Killajb said:

Just arrived!  I will take my time building this one.. and do a thorough review once complete.  Fee free to ask any questions..

1648717564746.jpg

Post a pic of the rear gearbox setup from the manual if you could please!.  I am curious how they install the idler gear since it looks like the new tensioner occupies that space.

@Killajb Can you confirm it's just one body but two wings and two sets of decals? I was hoping for two bodies :( Just need to buy me a spare once they become available...

@Tamiyastef Just one body is included.  There's a sticker on the box that says "Initial Bonus Pack" which includes the extra decals in blue and a black wing.

@tamiya3speed I'll take some photos later and post.  I have to work this weekend and really want to start opening things up when I have proper time to soak it all in.

@Grotty Otty I actually have a plan to run a Tamiya (blasphemy, I know!) TBLM 10.5 motor.  For one, the metal frame support over the motor doesn't look like it leaves a lot of room for motor options with tall tabs on them, and the TBLM has tabs that mount from the side.  As well.. I like the quality of this motor and it is very solid for the type of use I intend.  I ordered some MCI LeMans Motor decals and plan to remove the Tamiya sticker and replace accordingly.

• Like 2

@Killajb When you start opening things up would you mind measuring the thickness of the chassis plate? I'm curious if it's the 2mm or the 2.3mm the turbo had BITD. Don't think it's mentioned on the box.