moffman

Is this just another rumour???

For what I can tell from the pics i've seen so far, the re-re Mid looks great in almost every way. Only thing is, I wish it could have come with the old iconic Bridgestone tires, or at least some other ones with actual spikes, something a little more aggressive looking than the Sand Super which look to me like a bit of a crossover between on road and off road tires. This is an off road buggy after all!

Also, I've used a set of Sand Super tires two years ago and have to say, was slightly disappointed at how quickly they wore out (I believe it was the hard compound ones, but not sure). 

I have one last set of vintage Eagle spiked tires left... there's great chances I'm gonna install them instead of the kit ones 🤔

Kit tires are the same as the Turbo Optima, and they work well for general purpose use.  I think the iconic Bridgestone tires would have tacked on some significant cost for a licensing fee perhaps and they are only good for specific terrain so perhaps Kyosho skipped out on it.  

TurboOptimaMid2.jpg

• Like 5

With these wheels from JC Racing you can run for example Schumacher full spikes and get the proper look. 

Man, I love the Optima range. I like the looks of the Turbo Optima the most, but the Mid will probably be closer to my Burns in regards of driving caracteristics. Today it is allmost impossible to drive a glow buggy without annoying people. There is too much hassle dragging the start equipment around. So the conclusion must be; I need an Optima before the next winter. 

20220214-145320.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/12/2022 at 5:07 AM, Ferruz said:

For what I can tell from the pics i've seen so far, the re-re Mid looks great in almost every way. Only thing is, I wish it could have come with the old iconic Bridgestone tires, or at least some other ones with actual spikes, something a little more aggressive looking than the Sand Super which look to me like a bit of a crossover between on road and off road tires. This is an off road buggy after all!

Also, I've used a set of Sand Super tires two years ago and have to say, was slightly disappointed at how quickly they wore out (I believe it was the hard compound ones, but not sure). 

I have one last set of vintage Eagle spiked tires left... there's great chances I'm gonna install them instead of the kit ones 🤔

Just buy a set of Marwan’s OT-66 replicas. They are a perfect copy of the original Kyosho items. https://marwanrc.com/shop/ols/products/kyosho-optima-javelin-sand-super-tire-tyre-ot66-optima-mid-stinger-ultima

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

Thank you. Not sure where they are based, but I hope they can ship to Canada.

Glenn on tamiya legends always recommends marwan rc and they do look good quality even with the Bridgestone logos on them!

• Like 1

Went for a shakedown drive today (finally.. as my rx arrived).  Just from the initial drive, the car feels very smooth.  I felt like the turn radius was a bit wide however.  Again, I didn't  thrash it about in anger yet but I felt like more steering would be a good thing so I removed a bit of material from each steering knuckle and got a few extra degrees of steering throw:

TurboOptimaMidSteeringKnuckleL1.jpg

TurboOptimaMidSteeringKnuckleL2.jpg

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Killajb said:

Went for a shakedown drive today (finally.. as my rx arrived).  Just from the initial drive, the car feels very smooth.  I felt like the turn radius was a bit wide however.  Again, I didn't  thrash it about in anger yet but I felt like more steering would be a good thing so I removed a bit of material from each steering knuckle and got a few extra degrees of steering throw:

TurboOptimaMidSteeringKnuckleL1.jpg

TurboOptimaMidSteeringKnuckleL2.jpg

I think my original BITD had two holes in the steering knuckles to attach the steering links to. One was closer to the pivot point and gave a more swift response to steering servo movement.  It had a far better turn radius then the Avante for sure.

I see for us in the UK (according to modelsport) its stock arrival was end of April now its middle of may!........here we again:mellow:

• Sad 2

I called AMain yesterday.

They have been getting a.lot of calls but honestly don't have an ETA. 

So, "Is this just another rumor" that the Mid will ever reach the States?:huh:

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, moffman said:

I see for us in the UK (according to modelsport) its stock arrival was end of April now its middle of may!........here we again:mellow:

Yup, had my confirmation as such. Still happy to wait however! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grotty Otty said:

Yup, had my confirmation as such. Still happy to wait however! 

Yeah me to I suppose:unsure: but then we really have no option but to wait:rolleyes:?

8 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah me to I suppose:unsure: but then we really have no option but to wait:rolleyes:?

We have since 1987, reckon we can get through another month or two! Gotta be strong.. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

We have since 1987, reckon we can get through another month or two! Gotta be strong.. 😁

Very good point:D............but I'm old and my strength has turned into grumpiness!

• Haha 3

Perhaps the Optima Mid rerelease is all in our heads, like some kind on Mandela Effect thing. Perhaps we all just have false memories of the news that the Mid was returning :blink:. Any pictures on the 'net are part of some larger conspiracy hoax or some such nonsense my coworker normally would spout...

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Perhaps the Optima Mid rerelease is all in our heads, like some kind on Mandela Effect thing. Perhaps we all just have false memories of the news that the Mid was returning :blink:. Any pictures on the 'net are part of some larger conspiracy hoax or some such nonsense my coworker normally would spout...

You have a valid point!.......or it could be kyosho doing what its done with practically every release in the legends series! And give us a string of release dates that mean nothing until the point were we don't care anymore? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saito2 said:

You might have hit the nail on the head with this one. The Mandela effect theory makes sense, all the more given how much we all want it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ferruz said:

You might have hit the nail on the head with this one. The Mandela effect theory makes sense, all the more given how much we all want it!

Yeah soon to be renamed "the Optima effect" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I named this thread as "is this just another rumour".......i think yes is the answer?

• Like 3

As a teenager I saved al long time for a Wild One. When the day finaly came to go to the LHS, no more Wild Ones were availabale. So I could choose between a Blackfoot and a Falcon. Despite the disappointment at first I went home with a big smile and a Falcon. This waiting for the return of the Mid took me right back to the eighties. Nowadays we usually get what we want, when we want it. (within certain limits) This Mid situation reminded me how spoiled and blessed I really am. :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

As a teenager I saved al long time for a Wild One. When the day finaly came to go to the LHS, no more Wild Ones were availabale. So I could choose between a Blackfoot and a Falcon. Despite the disappointment at first I went home with a big smile and a Falcon. This waiting for the return of the Mid took me right back to the eighties. Nowadays we usually get what we want, when we want it. (within certain limits) This Mid situation reminded me how spoiled and blessed I really am. :)

I had the exact same thing with the blackfoot back in the Beattie's days (older UK members will know) I saved all my paper round money for this blackfoot! the weekend arrived to go and get a blackfoot Beattie's super deal and yes you guessed it "out of stock":(......but a poster on the shop door saying "now in stock" and a picture underneath of the monster beetle I instantly fell in love with this quirky super cool truck:wub:  remember this was the eighties no internet the only information about rc was magazines and the shops themselves!.

I don't mind waiting for any item to come in stock rc or not! What gets my goat is they give you a release date then change it time after time and with kyosho it's time and time again! Kyosho Don't give any date until you are certain its going to hit the shelves..........just saying?

20200411_105923.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

In addition to waiting not-so-patiently for the Mid, you just reminded me that I've had a Wild One on back-order since November of last year with no sign of the order ever being fulfilled...  :-( 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, FromageTheDog said:

In addition to waiting not-so-patiently for the Mid, you just reminded me that I've had a Wild One on back-order since November of last year with no sign of the order ever being fulfilled...  :-( 

Ouch!