moffman

Is this just another rumour???

1 hour ago, FromageTheDog said:

In addition to waiting not-so-patiently for the Mid, you just reminded me that I've had a Wild One on back-order since November of last year with no sign of the order ever being fulfilled...  :-( 

Your a lot more patient guy that me mate:) that's the ultimate in patience! They've just announced the competition for the most patient person on this site!...........you won!

• Haha 1

I wonder how many optima mid boxes fit inside one shipping container 

If the box has roughly the same dimensions as the turbo Optima one about 1450 must fit into one 20ft shipping container. Depends how much exra protective packaging they use.

13 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

If the box has roughly the same dimensions as the turbo Optima one about 1450 must fit into one 20ft shipping container. Depends how much exra protective packaging they use.

Taiwan stacks 4 kits into 1 shipping carton, sealed with red Kyosho tape. 

Freight containers come in 20’ or 40’ but that’s just footprint; they can vary in height & floor loading limit. 

Have doubt they’d be filling whole containers with just 30622s which country would get so many? :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JamesM3081 said:

I have very similar sentiments as you all, but the good news is the Optima Mid is now listed on the Kyosho America site :)

https://www.kyoshoamerica.com/30622-110-ep-4wd-racing-buggy-optima-mid.html

I don't want to ..... on your parade but its been like that since it was announced in the UK but it certainly doesn't mean your going to get it anytime soon! You have to go through the multiple realise dates first! I think we are a little way into that at the moment? 

18 minutes ago, moffman said:

it certainly doesn't mean your going to get it anytime soon!

fwiw first oz batch turned up this week, some happy VIPs on the island this weekend

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, moffman said:

I don't want to ..... on your parade but its been like that since it was announced in the UK but it certainly doesn't mean your going to get it anytime soon! You have to go through the multiple realise dates first! I think we are a little way into that at the moment? 

But...but I put my name on a list. The List. Surely that must mean something. I mean, I'm on the list now so....j/k;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Ha that may be true but any win is a big win for us now :) I'll take it since it has been ghost city from Kyosho America!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Freight containers come in 20’ or 40’ but that’s just footprint; they can vary in height & floor loading limit. 

Have doubt they’d be filling whole containers with just 30622s which country would get so many? :) 

I fell asleep and dreamt of a cargo ship loaded with containers full of NIB Mids... some were originals from the '80s... I entered a container and the smell of new tires permeated the air... aaah 😴🤤

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, WillyChang said:

sometimes Kyosho Europe shows pics of their restocking activity. Generally, within the container, there is apparently mixed of models when they restock... But can't say if it is always like that. But as discussing with dealers, seems the approach is by batches for legendary series... And when you have not your order honored, it would be for next batch, this being either in few month or next year...

If we're gonna dream, I hope that shipping container also has a bunch pf Kyosho parts that are otherwise out of stock.

2 hours ago, Mrowka said:

The Kyosho USA site shows out of stock. :unsure:

from all the wine ;) flowing over at TenTalk doesn’t sound like US gotten any stock yet, nothing from Amain, Tower etc

them Americans aren’t used to coming 2nd in line to ROTW :ph34r::lol:

oh anyone spotted a PDF manual for 30622 yet?

7 hours ago, WillyChang said:

them Americans aren’t used to coming 2nd in line to ROTW :ph34r::lol:

...yeah, but we better get used to it, the way we've been running things for the past couple decades...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2022 at 8:39 PM, WillyChang said:

from all the wine ;) flowing over at TenTalk doesn’t sound like US gotten any stock yet, nothing from Amain, Tower etc

them Americans aren’t used to coming 2nd in line to ROTW 

Not arguing with you there, just that according to one poster, Kyosho USA showed the Optima Mid as "in stock" a few days ago.

On 5/14/2022 at 2:11 AM, Mrowka said:

Not arguing with you there, just that according to one poster, Kyosho USA showed the Optima Mid as "in stock" a few days ago.

I think it's safe to say the only people who have got them in shops are the towns/cities that are at the gates of the actual factory where they are made and Australia ROTW are just going through the endless random stock dates that (if you remember) kyosho have done with practically all of the legend series:rolleyes: including that new fantom the press release date are completely different to the actual shop realise dates! Basically it will turn up one day? 

Yeah, the wait doesn't bother me. Its just like the old days where we didn't have money (still don't really, come to think of it :unsure:) and had to wait to save up. As long as its not some stupid limited run, like Tamiya does with some parts, the spurs a feeding frenzy, sucking all the fun out of the acquisition and leading to guilt while running the thing and heartless opportunistic wolves reselling them for twice the amount on fleabay. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saito2 said:

As long as its not some stupid limited run

Good point, I agree with you. As long as Kyosho is willing to produce enough supply for the demand, it's no big deal if we have to wait a little longer. In a way, it will add to the magic once we'll be finally holding a NIB Mid in our hands. We'll all be happy, just later than sooner!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ferruz said:

As long as Kyosho is willing to produce enough supply for the demand, it's no big deal if we have to wait a little longer.

I suppose these days with social media there’s even stronger desire to be first-on-the-block :P 

Kyosho’s biz model for Legendary feels odd tbh 

they haven’t yet (officially, afaik) canned any of their Legendarys to date so everything remains available to backorder

they dribble out new batches of the older models each every so often... maybe 6/12/18/24mths... like, the chain drive Optima just restocked a month ago in oz.

But most of those kits remain sitting around today on LHS shelves. Diehard Kyosho fans already bought yrs ago now all waiting for Mid or imho for a racer they’d rather buy the Turbo or Javelin. Dare say it’ll take a while to sell them @ RRP or LHSes will need to suffer a haircut to discount them out the door :unsure:

Simularly lots of mint green Fantom kits now sittting around when they’ve announced next variant. I remember 2yrs ago lotsa buyers wanting Fantom but few to be available, hear many would-be buyers gave up waiting & moved on. 

Speaking of first recipients... Mid first batch came with Turbo stickers & extra black wing as intro freebies. There’s a round sticker on box lid. 

However today I spot a Mid kit minus that round sticker. Curious if that’s still first batch & the factory ran outta stickers? Or is the first batch already over, no more intro freebie pack. 

Anybody receive a stickerless Mid kit but still had the intro freebie inside? 

——

Also curious... does your Mid kit with freebie arrive sealed with the round clear seal sticker intact?

Or was the round seal already cut, looking like the freebie pack was inserted after factory production run. 

26 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

Speaking of first recipients... Mid first batch came with Turbo stickers & extra black wing as intro freebies. There’s a round sticker on box lid. 

However today I spot a Mid kit minus that round sticker. Curious if that’s still first batch & the factory ran outta stickers? Or is the first batch already over, no more intro freebie pack. 

Anybody receive a stickerless Mid kit but still had the intro freebie inside? 

——

Also curious... does your Mid kit with freebie arrive sealed with the round clear seal sticker intact?

Or was the round seal already cut, looking like the freebie pack was inserted after factory production run. 

My kit box didn't have the sticker attached to the lid, and I was pleased about that. The sticker came in it's own little bag, separate to the bag with the bonus parts.

Seems that Kyosho provide the sticker and then it's up to the retailer to decide if they want to apply the sticker to the lid.

xNIHLb4.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The sticker came in it's own little bag, separate to the bag with the bonus parts.

oh wow, did NOT expect that :blink:

thanks Wandy!

• Like 1

Just now, WillyChang said:

oh wow, did NOT expect that :blink:

thanks Wandy!

No probs.

The round transparent seals have not been tampered with either and the kit is still fully sealed as normal. I got mine from Stella and they told me that the bonus parts are provided separately from Kyosho.

Stella even sent my bonus parts in their own box. :)

xRGyu1C.jpg

kAaBFZ8.jpg

OztNeSG.jpg

• Like 1