moffman

Is this just another rumour???

2 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Looks superb. Hopefully going to start mine next week. Have you driven it yet? If so what's it like to drive?

Haven't driven yet because I didn't finish it until last night! I had to butcher my terra scorcher to get the steering servo and basically all the electrics because my local hobby shop is closed for a few more weeks yet because he's having a bit of a rubbish time with his health and I want to do my part and support him so I'm not going to order from somewhere else to support my local (no offence to other model shops) so the electrics aren't the gear I'm going to leave in it! apart from the kyosho k series motor which is in it it's all going to come out! 

You'll enjoy building it it's very seamless and remember the unwritten rule!.....once its built it's got to be shown on this there form;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moffman said:

Haven't driven yet because I didn't finish it until last night! I had to butcher my terra scorcher to get the steering servo and basically all the electrics because my local hobby shop is closed for a few more weeks yet because he's having a bit of a rubbish time with his health and I want to do my part and support him so I'm not going to order from somewhere else to support my local (no offence to other model shops) so the electrics aren't the gear I'm going to leave in it! apart from the kyosho k series motor which is in it it's all going to come out! 

You'll enjoy building it it's very seamless and remember the unwritten rule!.....once its built it's got to be shown on this there form;)

Oh it certainly will be shown on here. Just ordered a few carbon bits from Fiberlyte for it, so got to wait for those before building can commence 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have good and bad news. I finished up a Mid 22 for my nephew in white box art, went like a dream.

Sadly, started my own Turbo build today, and Kyosho have forgot to tap the three locating holes in the motor plate.

The guard screws are tapped, just not the locating ones.

I did then grab an M3 tap, an easy fix I thought, but no, the holes are too large to cut the appropriate pitch, so new motor plate ordered and a mail to Kyosho.

Bit of a disappointing day on my car.

20220604_124521.jpg

• Sad 4

Thats unusual, ive built quite a lot of the Kyosho legendary series kits now (Javelin, Turbo Scorpion, Tomohawk, Ultima, Turbo Optima) and there wasnt a single duff part in them - apart from a thread I stripped by overtightening.

Thats really annoying as theres nothing worse than waiting for parts to arrive when you want to get on

7 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Thats unusual, ive built quite a lot of the Kyosho legendary series kits now (Javelin, Turbo Scorpion, Tomohawk, Ultima, Turbo Optima) and there wasnt a single duff part in them - apart from a thread I stripped by overtightening.

Thats really annoying as theres nothing worse than waiting for parts to arrive when you want to get on

Indeed, honestly didn't expect this. Would have been an easy fix save for the holes being around 2.8mm, thus making tapping them myself fruitless.

Very surprised as these are my first Legendary kits, first kit was a dream to build, sadly this one has a silly issue.

There is also a rogue punch mark on the outside of the plate, so it really is a junk one that may have got through into blister packing.

That's my Turbo variant roller done, bar the faulty motor plate that is.

20220605_185859.jpg

20220605_185850.jpg

20220605_185826.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ralphee said:

20220605_185859.jpg

20220605_185850.jpg

20220605_185826.jpg

First one I've seen in the turbo livery😍  looks brilliant!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ralphee said:

20220605_185859.jpg

20220605_185850.jpg

20220605_185826.jpg

Mouthwatering, indeed 🤤

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, ralphee said:

20220605_185859.jpg

20220605_185850.jpg

20220605_185826.jpg

Looks great! Love the vintage look tires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoolHands said:

Looks good do you mind sharing what wheels you have front & rear?

JC Racing 2.2 wheels.

Just had to order from modelsport and noticed they have a few optima mids in stock:) if anyone missed the boat? Apparently a delayed dpd delivery? Absolutely don't like taking much notice of the sceptical side of me but didn't this happen with the tamiya Porsche 934 45th anniversary edition?...........just saying:rolleyes:

On 6/2/2022 at 1:07 PM, razzar said:

I just ordered 2 kits from Tamico, they are being shipped to Canada, I canceled my back order as I was not sure when Canadian hobby shops would get them and when I called to ask they had no answer so just purchased from Tamico should be here on Monday. Unfortunately they are sold out now as well, luckily I got 2 kits just in time one for me and one for my son.

That was probably a good idea. I too am in Canada and did pre-order from my local hobby shop, but am starting to feel unsure about it. I just got off the phone with my LHS guy now, he said that he finally talked to the ppl at Kyosho (after two months of silence) and that they'll be shipping the Mids early on next week (...). He reassured me I'll be the first one served and that it will be a first batch kit, meaning the ones with bonus parts.

So now what... to trust, or not to trust?

I think I will give it some more time at this point. I like to support my LHS when possible, and it's not like I will be building it right away so I'm not in a rush. At the same time, I'd really like to get my hands on a first batch box+bonus parts. Meh. We shall see...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ferruz said:

That was probably a good idea. I too am in Canada and did pre-order from my local hobby shop, but am starting to feel unsure about it. I just got off the phone with my LHS guy now, he said that he finally talked to the ppl at Kyosho (after two months of silence) and that they'll be shipping the Mids early on next week (...). He reassured me I'll be the first one served and that it will be a first batch kit, meaning the ones with bonus parts.

I think I will give it some more time at this point. I like to support my LHS when possible, and it's not like I will be building it right away so I'm not in a rush. At the same time, I'd really like to get my hands on a first batch box+bonus parts. Meh. We shall see...

Oh I hope you do get what you've ordered its definitely worth the wait the bonus parts are what they say a bonus I was more interested in the actual kit itself and I wasn't disappointed:D! Was it on par with the turbo optima and others for quality? 99.9% yes absolutely quality through and through although I had a annoying problem with the front shocks:mellow: the plastic seal that the shock piston goes through just wouldn't sit properly a tiny bit silicon on them solved it eventually! I think if your local hobby shop says your getting them then that would be good enough for me and your in the front of the queue! Even more reassuring! 

• Like 1

.....I don't know...I think its still just a rumor and you all are just using internet trickery on me and my fellow Kyosho fans in the States. j/k;):P

• Haha 1

Both my kits arrived from Tamico and both had bonus parts very happy, always wanted a mid, start the build today, body first then the chassis, ordered some TBG under cowls, and some option parts, by the time the body is done, the parts should arrive for me to start the chassis.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reassuring words @moffman. Glad your Mids arrived already @razzar. I just hope my loyalty to the LHS will be rewarded eventually 😅

I too wanted to support my LHS, but they never got back to me regarding when the kits would be available, just ignored my emails, and put me on hold for 15 minutes then just disconnected and never called me back, and I had 2 kits on order and paid up front for both, so was not to happy with the whole situation. Anyway water under the bridge, so far everything looks on par with the turbo optima quality wise and you can use the option aluminum hubs from the optima on the mid so added bonus as I had some 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Any idea whether Canadian kits are subject to the same warehouse constraints as USA?

2 hours ago, razzar said:

I too wanted to support my LHS, but they never got back to me regarding when the kits would be available, just ignored my emails, and put me on hold for 15 minutes then just disconnected and never called me back, and I had 2 kits on order and paid up front for both, so was not to happy with the whole situation. Anyway water under the bridge, so far everything looks on par with the turbo optima quality wise and you can use the option aluminum hubs from the optima on the mid so added bonus as I had some 

If that was the treatment you got from your LHS, then I get it even more. My guy is very available for communication and reassuring. He also claims to be the guy that officially brought Kyosho to Canada back in the day, which if true would be even more reassuring.

But still, we'll see:

A- When the kits will arrive

B (and in a way most important)- how much he will charge for the aforementioned kits once in the shop

1 hour ago, Mrowka said:

Any idea whether Canadian kits are subject to the same warehouse constraints as USA?

Yes, as far as I am aware, they are.

It's the North America cluster, which includes USA, Canada (and technically, Mexico as well). 

• Thanks 1

No Optima Mid for me this time. The only shop that actually stocks Kyosho here in Norway got 7 end of May. I though fine. Let's wait for the June paybill. Last Sunday they were all gone. I though it was weird, as the stock of other Kyosho reres hardly has changed since I bought the Tomahawk one year ago. I ordered a Hobbywing motor combo from them (for the yet to build Thunder Dragon) in the middle of May. This week I got an email from them saying that my order was cancelled because they have gone insolvent. I am glad that I always buy via Klarna, so you pay after deliverance. Nothing lost. 

Tamico will be the choice, when they get back in stock. Or maybe a Turbo Optima. The decition is hard. 

• Sad 1

On 6/12/2022 at 7:32 AM, Andreas W said:

No Optima Mid for me this time. The only shop that actually stocks Kyosho here in Norway got 7 end of May. I though fine. Let's wait for the June paybill. Last Sunday they were all gone. I though it was weird, as the stock of other Kyosho reres hardly has changed since I bought the Tomahawk one year ago. I ordered a Hobbywing motor combo from them (for the yet to build Thunder Dragon) in the middle of May. This week I got an email from them saying that my order was cancelled because they have gone insolvent. I am glad that I always buy via Klarna, so you pay after deliverance. Nothing lost. 

Tamico will be the choice, when they get back in stock. Or maybe a Turbo Optima. The decition is hard. 

I feel your pain:( the only little light I can give you is kyosho will undoubtedly churn the Optima mid out because of how well the first batch sold and if your not bothered about the free wing and decals (which you can get MCI decals and the black wing is a current item available) then I think more mids will be available sooner than you think especially from tamico they generally get them before anyone in Europe? You can't go wrong if you decide to get yourself a turbo optima and hand on heart out of the two the turbo optima is the better quality one to build:wub: don't get me wrong they are both 100% top shelf quality rc buggies but the turbo just peaks the mid and I think its because of all the gold parts on it it's just beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, moffman said:

but the turbo just peaks the mid and I think its because of all the gold parts on it it's just beautiful!

It does look like a work of art with all the Option House gold included in the kit. Off hand question, does the Optima Mid body fit the rear motor Optima chassis? I have another project in mind...

• Like 1