moffman

Is this just another rumour???

Ferruz I’m guessing that he isn’t on distribution channel Kyosho use. I would imagine it’s a bit like grey market watches etc so he’s probably bought from a distributor/ middle man ie he hasn’t got his models through normal / proper distribution channels. Only getting 2 seems to reinforce that.

• Like 1

For the Tower Hobbies folks - Just received mine and it does include the initial bonus pack. I checked the product page a day or so ago and it did state, "next shipment June 2022" which I did not believe, but here it is. The product page has been updated and now states July 2022. I hope everyone receives their kits soon.

IMG_1039.jpg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, JamesM3081 said:

For the Tower Hobbies folks - Just received mine and it does include the initial bonus pack. I checked the product page a day or so ago and it did state, "next shipment June 2022" which I did not believe, but here it is. The product page has been updated and now states July 2022. I hope everyone receives their kits soon.

IMG_1039.jpg

Still waiting for mine... When did you place your preorder?

1 hour ago, GmcTyphoon said:

Still waiting for mine... When did you place your preorder?

Looks like it was on 5/17 at around 11:55AM PST. If you placed yours later, then perhaps you'll receive it with the next batch in July?

3 hours ago, JamesM3081 said:

Looks like it was on 5/17 at around 11:55AM PST. If you placed yours later, then perhaps you'll receive it with the next batch in July?

Maybe. I placed my order on the 20th. Still waiting on the xv02 also. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CoolHands said:

Ferruz I’m guessing that he isn’t on distribution channel Kyosho use. I would imagine it’s a bit like grey market watches etc so he’s probably bought from a distributor/ middle man ie he hasn’t got his models through normal / proper distribution channels. Only getting 2 seems to reinforce that.

Well this would make sense, but I hope it's not the case, as it would mean I've been blatantly lied to for the past couple years.
No but really, I think the guy really does deal with Kyosho USA as he claims. He's been the place to go to for ages around here for that brand, and he's in full on business (as full as it can be for a small hobby shop) with glow engine Kyoshos and Mini-Zs.

That's why he was upset too: said he never had issues with K. USA before and that he's been dealing with them for over 35 years. Not in big numbers maybe but still, for that long, and never had any issues with them until this time. Now that me and the other buyer are unhappy with what we had to dish out for the Mid, we won't be buying through him again ever, so it's an unfortunate situation for him too. I don't know if there were other reasons for his beef with K. USA, but basically what they said when he complained was "you don't bring us much business, so you get what you get and don't complain".

Meh, I don't know... and I see it's hard to tell if he was totally honest with me, or if he dressed up the whole thing conveniently with some extra BS. 

Whichever way I look at this, it doesn't make any sense to me.

But it feels good to point out the nonsense and debate it. If I'm being too trusting, or if I'm being ripped off, or both then it wouldn't hurt to figure that out... Live and learn!

Mine arrived from Tower today. I really didn't think it would ever come or I'd get the first batch of orders. I'm elated and am going to build it immediately. It's going to be my runner.

• Like 4

Well, mine has not arrived from Tower and they haven't billed me so I guess no Optima Mid for me. This is a very poor show from Kyosho. Disgraceful even. I am outraged. This isn't fair and I deserve to get what I want, when I want it. Since I'm not getting my way, while others are, I'll be burning my Kyosho cars as a display of my disapproval. That'll show 'em! They'll be sorry I didn't get my toy car when everyone has! I'll be replacing all my Kyoshos with Made in America (actually Taiwan) Traxxas! I'm putting a sign out in my yard with a Kyosho logo that's been crossed out and the words "not my RC company!" below it, and will probably get a 5'x8' banner proclaiming "don't blame me! I buy Traxxas vehicles!" to put out as well. The world should be made aware of my displeasure that I didn't get my way or rather my toy car.

P.S. I hope my clumsy attempt a levity wasn't taken with a degree of seriousness. I am joking and the above statements do not express my true feelings in any way. I love Kyosho and their rereleases. I'll get my Mid whenever it comes and if that's not until September or a year from now or ever, I'll live. There are far bigger things to be concerned about ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Well, mine has not arrived from Tower and they haven't billed me so I guess no Optima Mid for me. This is a very poor show from Kyosho. Disgraceful even. I am outraged. This isn't fair and I deserve to get what I want, when I want it. Since I'm not getting my way, while others are, I'll be burning my Kyosho cars as a display of my disapproval. That'll show 'em! They'll be sorry I didn't get my toy car when everyone has! I'll be replacing all my Kyoshos with Made in America (actually Taiwan) Traxxas! I'm putting a sign out in my yard with a Kyosho logo that's been crossed out and the words "not my RC company!" below it, and will probably get a 5'x8' banner proclaiming "don't blame me! I buy Traxxas vehicles!" to put out as well. The world should be made aware of my displeasure that I didn't get my way or rather my toy car.

P.S. I hope my clumsy attempt a levity wasn't taken with a degree of seriousness. I am joking and the above statements do not express my true feelings in any way. I love Kyosho and their rereleases. I'll get my Mid whenever it comes and if that's not until September or a year from now or ever, I'll live. There are far bigger things to be concerned about ;)

Rcworld should have one in stock, or will soon.

If I had known, I would have sold you my spare at cost+actual shipping. 

@Saito2 have a look on fleabay. I was checking right now and there seem to be quite a few sellers that have it. The first one on top of the search seems to have 5 available, and you know what? That price + shipping to Canada would still cost me less than what I paid at my LHS the other day :wacko:

On 6/30/2022 at 2:21 AM, CoolHands said:

Only getting 2 seems to reinforce that.

meh no one LHS downunder got more than 2/3/4/6/8 even if they asked for 50+

On 6/29/2022 at 11:27 AM, Ferruz said:

Shipping cost was 200 $ regardless of the amount of kits received

bejesus, how far did the goods have to travel to clock up a $200 bill?

one of mine travelled from Sydney distributor to a Perth LHS then to me in Melbourne... crossed the Nullabor desert twice, total round trip probably around 7500km :rolleyes: Even that journey wouldn’t have totaled A$200 in postage afaik. 

Hi I am in Ontario Canada, if any one is local, I can sell them my extra kit, as I can always get another down the road,  pm me I am heading to Mississigua today and can meet up there. 

On 6/30/2022 at 6:12 AM, JamesM3081 said:

weird, i ordered on 5/17 and still havent even been charged 

20 hours ago, Mrowka said:

gears for brushless. 

What do you mean? Are the kit stock gears no good for brushless? It was my understanding they would be fine, as advertised on the box (says "car entirely updated to match modern electronics and brushless motors" something like that)

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

weird, i ordered on 5/17 and still havent even been charged 

1 hour ago, FromageTheDog said:

Same boat here.  Bummer!

I imagine the first batch must have been limited to a few. If you live chat TH, and lucky enough to get someone kind enough, you could ask how many they received. I've asked in the past(Porsche 934 45th Anniv. kit) and the rep. was nice enough to disclose that information. Hope you get yours sooner than later

5 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

eird, i ordered on 5/17 and still havent even been charged 

Same here. Placed order on 5/17 and haven't been charged. Guessing it ain't gonna happen this time around. 

21 hours ago, Ferruz said:

What do you mean? Are the kit stock gears no good for brushless? It was my understanding they would be fine, as advertised on the box (says "car entirely updated to match modern electronics and brushless motors" something like that)

You can run the stock gears for brushless, just the ratios are not always ideal.

• Like 1

I hate researching for parts.. would someone please point me in the direction for carbon fiber parts for the Optima mid?

Update.. Never mind!  I did the research (wasted like an hour of my time) and bought all Kyosho's CF bits (except for the lower deck), their Ti turnbuckles, some other stuff.  B)  Again, they need to make a loaded package for us ossan's, it's a huge waste of my time.  I should have my Mid in a few days.  

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 3

I've said it before. As far as I'm aware, its all still just a rumor :P.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

I've said it before. As far as I'm aware, its all still just a rumor :P.

You mean me getting the kit?  I have a tracking number so I hope it’s on its way…? :wacko: :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some local(ish) shops to me have them in stock now.  It doesn't do much for me personally, but I'm almost tempted to get one "just cause".