moffman

Is this just another rumour???

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

ou mean me getting the kit?  I have a tracking number so I hope it’s on its way…? :wacko: :lol:  

No no. lol. I jokingly meant as far as the kit existing at all, (i.e. referring back to the thread title) not yours specifically.  I know the second I get one from another source, Tower will suddenly send mine and I'll be stuck with two kits. If I don't get one from another source, I won't see it until 2023 if at all, lol. This is turning into another Thunder Dragon scenario for me where it took so long to come from Tower, I literally forgot about ordering it and was actually surprised when the box finally showed up on my doorstep. My wife asked if I ordered something from Tower and I said I didn't remember until I opened the box :lol:.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

No no. lol. I jokingly meant as far as the kit existing at all, (i.e. referring back to the thread title) not yours specifically.  I know the second I get one from another source, Tower will suddenly send mine and I'll be stuck with two kits. If I don't get one from another source, I won't see it until 2023 if at all, lol. This is turning into another Thunder Dragon scenario for me where it took so long to come from Tower, I literally forgot about ordering it and was actually surprised when the box finally showed up on my doorstep. My wife asked if I ordered something from Tower and I said I didn't remember until I opened the box :lol:.

Haha! I see.  :D  Yeah, I saw a complaint on Tower’s Optima Mid review someone complaining about pre-order went straight to back order or something. 

If anyone wants one right away in the USA, HubHobby has them in stock.  :D 

Hub Hobby in Minneapolis, Minnesota has at least one out for sale.

EDIT: i see that WillyLine beat me to it. Are you in Minneapolis?

2 hours ago, Mrowka said:

Hub Hobby in Minneapolis, Minnesota has at least one out for sale.

EDIT: i see that WillyLine beat me to it. Are you in Minneapolis?

:D  No, but I've driven past their store unknowningly multiple times during my business trips pre-pandemic.  

• Haha 1

I was also sort of passing through so I stopped in Hub Hobby and they tried to sell me a Mid. 

If they had sway bars....

• Haha 2

I got mine today.  I didn't realize it also comes with the yellow body decal set.  ..huh..  mine will be box art though, white body, white wheels.   

IMG_2022-7-10-135505.jpg.f62bc03a6d17c6fa488a4772ef82e9ef.jpg

IMG_2022-7-12-175919.jpg.5704723d9c95fbea6110a93ec8b8e667.jpgIMG_2022-7-12-175932.jpg.635b4f28053f7e6e2068b89c38bdf6a1.jpg

IMG_2022-7-12-174528.jpg.3f01408edb048a1e1773e12fbe6a5f22.jpg

• Like 8

Just wondering what was going on with Kyosho releasing the rest of the option parts, like the carbon bottom plate, does anyone know when that will be released, also where are you guys getting the option parts, rc mart has some, but not all, tha is for the answers

Of all the option parts Kyosho could have released first, they just had to start with the bling.

I'm all in favor of "add lightness" but I'm not sure that would be my very first priority under the circumstances. 

Up until yesterday Kyosho USA only had the HD steering part shown.  Looks like they have added some but not all of the others.  Notably missing as of last check were the HD counter gear and CF chassis plate.

I wonder if the tyres of the Mid have the same funky smell of original re-re optima 😉

On 7/16/2022 at 7:42 AM, razzar said:

Just wondering what was going on with Kyosho releasing the rest of the option parts, like the carbon bottom plate, does anyone know when that will be released, also where are you guys getting the option parts, rc mart has some, but not all, tha is for the answers

For me I got all (?) of the available Kyosho's CF bits, I'm going to keep the bottom aluminum plate as it is.  I would like to get the hop up motor plate and universals, however.   I'm scratching my head as to why a flagship model comes with dog bones..  :lol:  

I wish I had an Optima Mid to put hop-up parts on, lol. Thanks Tower! Seriously, I'm wondering if I should order one off fleabay. I know the instant I do, Tower will magically ship mine and I'll be stuck with two :angry:(which I can't afford in current times).

4 hours ago, Saito2 said:

I wish I had an Optima Mid to put hop-up parts on, lol. Thanks Tower! Seriously, I'm wondering if I should order one off fleabay. I know the instant I do, Tower will magically ship mine and I'll be stuck with two :angry:(which I can't afford in current times).

Does HubHobby still have them?   

As far as hopups, following @toyolien's build thread has been fun to watch and educational for me.  

@joeling I made a similar front sway bar but the bar clamps fouled on the drive shafts when the suspension was compressed. Does yours clear?

36 minutes ago, joeling said:

IMG-6603(1).jpg

I didn't realise the carbon upper and lower decks changed the battery position. Seems yours will be lengthwise. 

34 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

I didn't realise the carbon upper and lower decks changed the battery position. Seems yours will be lengthwise. 

Yeah, I noticed this too.   I saw there were other aftermarket CF decks that appear to handle saddle packs for this car as well.. also LWB/SWB?? ..anyway, I don’t know enough so keeping mine aluminum lower deck not only to keep it per original for this rere, but the lower deck appears to be ridged enough per experience from my Javelin. 

It looks great though!  :D    But also looks non-Kyosho without that aluminum deck.  :lol:

• Haha 1

I'm expecting my 2nd Optima MID to be delivered later today..:ph34r: 

I decided to do one in box art white and box art (?) yellow (PS camel yellow) with black wheels.. but the yellow one will only run the shock tower CF (aftermarket ones).. and those steering linkage bearings (small ones and the flanged ones) I have in-house.  I decided one can't even see the CF bits once the body is on, chances are body will remain on 99.9999% of the time in my pretend RC shop so why not just do the visible parts in CF.  :ph34r:

You can tell I'm not much of a Kyosho fanatic.. but I think these vintage cars are way cool.  :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toyolien said:

@joeling I made a similar front sway bar but the bar clamps fouled on the drive shafts when the suspension was compressed. Does yours clear?

I will have to keep an eye out for this.

1 hour ago, Tamiyastef said:

This is an aftermarktet CF kit from EXO RC in Taiwan. It allows for 2 battery configuration. Shorty pack on the right side and saddle back in the orgianl postion.

IMG-6602.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, joeling said:

IMG-6612.jpg

IMG-6611(1).jpg

what springs you’ve got on your shocks J?

Kit springs feel much too stiff & long on the gold shocks. Mid is perched on tippytoes & no ride height droop screws available. 

20 hours ago, joeling said:

This is an aftermarktet CF kit from EXO RC in Taiwan. It allows for 2 battery configuration. Shorty pack on the right side and saddle back in the orgianl postion.

IMG-6602.jpg

How does that corner balance?

I ask myself this, every time I see a buggy with the battery placement to one side.

8 hours ago, WillyChang said:

what springs you’ve got on your shocks J?

Kit springs feel much too stiff & long on the gold shocks. Mid is perched on tippytoes & no ride height droop screws available. 

I am using the soft black springs from the Kyosho spring set. Bought these a while ago but now they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

• Like 1