moffman

Is this just another rumour???

7 hours ago, silvertriple said:

Kyosho Optima Mid 2022 99999 (modelsport.co.uk)

Seems there is something happening...

Glad to see this.

But I'm afraid of preordering from the UK as of now, with shipping costs and import charges who knows how high that price would be 😑

Anybody else in my situation, ordering from Canada?

Happy days for sure :D (not thinking about my bank account) 

I read something last week in this style: Spending money on your hobby is investing in your passion and your passion defines your purpose so no one should tell you not to spend money on your hobbies. I thought that was a good one to remember and repaet on occasions just like this :lol:

What I really really want is an Optima Mid Turbo because that's what I had BITD (and sold later, stupid piece of old **** I am) But other than with the Optima where I waited for the turbo I will get the Mid, build it and run it and when the turbo is released later on I'll invest in my passion once again :)

Great news, and it was always a case of when not if. I already have a SWB Turbo and a SWB Turbo SE but dont actually have the standard SWB so this is a welcome re-release for me. They also need to do the LWB Turbo Special and Turbo Custom and then finish it off with the original Lazer. Then move onto the Gallop, lol.

I hope they're right with their specifications. I already planned to countersunk the chassis and change the shock towers to FRP or carbon fiber but big plus if Kyosho provides this as standard. I doubt we'll see a turbo Mid rere then, no real need for that anymore. Just hope they add front and rear stabilizers and turnbuckle steering and upper suspension links as an option.

• Like 2

Was thinking the same. Going to pre order this and hope they do a LWB Custom as well. Had an original that I bought the LWB carbon conversion kit for back in the day. Would definitely like both! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Was thinking the same. Going to pre order this and hope they do a LWB Custom as well. Had an original that I bought the LWB carbon conversion kit for back in the day. Would definitely like both! 

Did this need a different belt or do the gearboxes stay in the same place and the suspension arms move?

5 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Did this need a different belt or do the gearboxes stay in the same place and the suspension arms move?

Longer lower and upper carbon chassis plates, longer upper and lower belt covers and a longer belt if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pic of re-release, apparently. Fitted with updated tyres and shocks from Turbo Optima.

FB_IMG_1639683831524.jpg

• Like 4

So, I'm guessing new wheels that look like the old ones, but made from the same hard super-white plastic as the re-re Turbo Optima, with the same mini-pin tires, and a rigid nylon rear wing like the others?

That'll make a nice setup. And if I recall, the Mid already had a slipper and 48-pitch gears, so I don't think much needs to be changed in the driveline.

And it looks like my suspicions about the "extra" holes in the re-re Optima suspension arms were correct...

I'm more excited for this than I thought I would be. Maybe because lately I have been regretting selling my original Mid a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markbt73 said:

And if I recall, the Mid already had a slipper and 48-pitch gears, so I don't think much needs to be changed in the driveline.

No slipper, it was a "gear protector". The gears were 0.8 Mod, or 32p.

stacks-image-17cc50f-4891.jpg.6bcb9bdecb31dacac7ddccab92539282.jpg

• Like 2

Nothing yet, but Nuremberg Toy Fair is in a few weeks. I wouldn't expect an official announcement until then.

At this point it seems pretty clear that the Mid is coming for real. Even though it's just teasers and nothing official from Kyosho yet, there is more than just a little smoke around on the internet. Rc enthusiasts from all over are going bananas over this, but besides all the speculation there seems to be some specific info about the specs of the car. 

As for me, I want one (or two) so bad that for the first time since I'm back into RC I feel the fear of missing out on this one -I think they call it FOMO? :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

As for me, I want one (or two) so bad that for the first time since I'm back into RC I feel the fear of missing out on this one -I think they call it FOMO? :ph34r:

I have very similar sentiments as you!

I still have the original box but sold this decades ago.  I recall there was lots of friction slowing down the drivetrain or something I don't remember.  Perhaps I wasn't good at building but one way to confirm my memories LOL.  

Stopped by the LHS yesterday and asked him to see what he can do as far as backorder, either through Horizon or Kyosho directly.  Price feels like it will be high based on links above so I only asked for the one.  If price comes back a little more reasonable then maybe a second.  Not sure yet.  Still super excited.

On 12/16/2021 at 6:23 PM, Superluminal said:

It was a completely different chassis with a longer belt.

• Thanks 1