tim.senecal

Kenworth K100 single axle day cab

Finished the construction of the main bracket.  it holds the air cleaner and stack, as well as the exhaust stack, and the frame side of the cab supports.  It is one monolithic part held on to the frame with four bolts.  The cab supports were also finished and glued to the cab.

20220501_202811.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great Tim! Loving those details mate, your build is insipring me to keep going with mine.

Keep the pics coming!

Kurt

Finally got some parts in that i ordered quite a while ago... so another update on the COE and pup #120220518_213030.thumb.jpg.18dc4d52870a97c8126046be05f24e9f.jpg

20220518_213132.thumb.jpg.5a3d13790f246bd16457b9284c4465cf.jpg

20220518_213152.thumb.jpg.b124fcb3259002207c010db7ab8c412f.jpg

20220518_213247.thumb.jpg.602924b01e0a4bc49206e39ec15944e0.jpg

i also got my hands on a "TBS Dasmikro mini" sound module.  its about 1cm x 2.5cm in size, and does a fair job emulating a large diesel engine and a horn, so i now need to build a tiny arduino companion to make the lights work.

• Like 4

Really looks fantastic!! 👍👍😎  The Pup came out great too. I might try a couple!

took a closeup shot of the tiny "Dasmikro" mini sound module.  it is truly tiny.  the small box in front of the servos is the speaker.  i have servo taped it to the side of a castle creations copperhead brushless ESC, which is then servo taped to the top (bottoms) of the steering and shifting servos.  the motor is a 1200kv brushless sensored inrunner, which explains all of the wiring going everywhere.

the Dasmikro is connected via Y cable to the throttle, and to a second "sound selector" servo input.

20220519_210826.jpg

19 hours ago, Tamiya Fan 1 said:

How does that tiny speaker sound? The truck still looks great! Keep it up.

I think what i will do is make a youtube video of both the w900 with the Lesu sound system and the k100 with the dasmikro sound system, and give everyone a real world example.

• Like 2

The list of things left to do is getting shorter.

basically, i need to finish the interior of the cab (including the driver) and set up the lights in all three units.  paint is done, decals are done, sound is done.  i even have most of the lighting figured out, just need to get it done.  i just noticed in the photo i need to do the pogo stick, and the air and electrical lines.

I have decided i will hold off on the motorized lift legs on the trailers until i can spend some time trying out a couple different ideas.

20220609_215805.jpg

and i have not forgotten the youtube video showing off the tiny sound module and speaker... i just haven't had time yet to get that done...

• Like 6

Just now, Re-Bugged said:

Great Rig 👍🏻  Have fun reversing it.

I have enough trouble just getting a single trailer where i want it, with the dolly and the second trailer, this is going to be impossible.

• Haha 1

A Beier system would get that whole truck remote control. A SFR-1, 2-trailer modules (forget their #'s), you could control everything wirelessly, including the motorized legs, lights, etc. I know your just finishing up, but a good option if thinking that way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tim.senecal said:

I have enough trouble just getting a single trailer where i want it, with the dolly and the second trailer, this is going to be impossible.

Come mate, step up to the plate 😉

A little guidance, I like that the ‘Aussie’ driver in this vid sounds to me like he’s a Kiwi…

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tamiya Fan 1 said:

A Beier system would get that whole truck remote control. A SFR-1, 2-trailer modules (forget their #'s), you could control everything wirelessly, including the motorized legs, lights, etc. I know your just finishing up, but a good option if thinking that way.

I already have it set up with my Frsky Transmitter and s-bus receivers in each trailer.  I then have an arduino micro connected to the receiver, which decodes and operates the lights (running lights, turn lights, brake lights) and the extension for the fifth wheel latch servo on the dolly (regardless which trailer it connects to), and another servo lead for what i hope will operate the lift legs.  i have almost the same arduino setup in the cab to operate its lights.  i went with the arduinos instead of commercial devices because of the lack of space.

21 hours ago, tim.senecal said:

I already have it set up with my Frsky Transmitter and s-bus receivers in each trailer.  I then have an arduino micro connected to the receiver, which decodes and operates the lights (running lights, turn lights, brake lights) and the extension for the fifth wheel latch servo on the dolly (regardless which trailer it connects to), and another servo lead for what i hope will operate the lift legs.  i have almost the same arduino setup in the cab to operate its lights.  i went with the arduinos instead of commercial devices because of the lack of space.

Great your all set.

just a short update here...  letting everyone know i have not forgotten this thread.   i did finally get time to record the two videos of the Lesu and Dasmikro sound boards, just haven't gotten them uploaded to youtube yet.  still working on getting my lights board for the cab and two trailers debugged.  i have gone through two iterations, and am now working on a third.  trying to get something that works via sbus on the frsky receivers i am using, so only one servo lead from receiver to sound board is needed for all functionality.

• Like 2

Okay,

finally got a little free time, and uploaded both videos of the trucks... 

k100 day cab:

w900 day cab:

i freely admit that the sound quality from the Lesu 3T (w900) is a nicer quality, but the tiny speaker on the k100 does seem to be just as loud as the w900.  I am wondering how much a larger speaker might improve the bass of the k100.

The price difference between the two units is also substantial.  the Lesu was $130, the dasmikro was $30.

• Like 2

A speaker box will definitely make it bass'ier. It looks like it has a little speaker box on it now. (flat though) The Knight Hauler has a big speaker box on it is deep and throaty. Any speaker box will improve sound if you have room. Even flat sheet or cardboard around it will help project sound out. Your speaker looks like it might be on the tweeter side. Experiment and see what happens. 

• Like 1

I am calling this finished.  I finally figured out how to make the landing legs on the trailers work, got everything painted, added the few remaining decals, and checked that everything still works.

estes_pup.thumb.jpg.beae7c37af17c6f4f7b7229a8835cad2.jpg

estes_pup_down.thumb.jpg.b48c5fdd24f02b4fe39797132b53179e.jpg

• Like 5

thanks everyone... i know i went radio silent there for a bit, but it took a while to figure out the landing legs in a way that i liked.

Hey guys im new here and I am also looking for a 1/14 scale K100a round headlight body.either printed or the files for and will pay for. I found 1 person on net but transaction will not finalize. I know nothing bout 3d printing, but need help. thanks in advance Jay