Sign in to follow this  
markbt73

CEN Racing Fiat 595 Abarth mini monster truck

Has anybody else seen this ridiculous little thing? I think I'm in love...

https://www.cenracingusa.com/products/8910

1308114985_ScreenShot2021-12-13at11_39_05AM.png.0b62f3ca5d4a8de8ec5bd1b1e7856009.png

514235766_ScreenShot2021-12-13at11_39_36AM.png.1c1097f22710c1ff3351bd459f31b02c.png

175mm wheelbase, same as WW2. There is a "long" wheelbase option of 210mm as well, that version comes with a new-style Suzuki Jimny body. But I dig the Fiat, personally. Chassis design looks good, similar to the old HPI Wheely King, only smaller. Full bearings (even on the wheelie bar), solid axles, 4 link suspension, and apparently has a 4WD conversion available, though I couldn't find a part number or price.

Comes as a kit, too! Kit version is only $129. I think I found what I'm buying myself for a birthday gift...

• Like 3

This looks amazing.

Great value too, available in the UK at £150, RTR. Reviews seem good, but I'd be a little worried about part support in the UK.

I wonder how it compares to the GF01 or WR02?

2 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

I wonder how it compares to the GF01 or WR02?

I'll let you know. I just ordered one. :)

That might be the fastest I've ever gone from finding out a thing exists to buying said thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, markbt73 said:

I'll let you know. I just ordered one. :)

That might be the fastest I've ever gone from finding out a thing exists to buying said thing.

Awesome. I'm not in the market for another monster truck - but it may go on the future list.

I really like that scale - all my Tamiyas are 170 - 180 mm wheelbase.

I have it's bigger brother the CEN HL150 solid axle monster truck. It's 275mm wheelbase, although I am in the middle of modding it upto 300-320mm as it just wheelies far too much imo. 

I have already added 20mm wheel hex wideners, mounted the servo onto the front axle as the steering is vague at best in stock form. It's a great truck, shocks are a bit iffy as it comes with 8 but the springs are far too stiff imo. 

I got mines off eBay for £125 with free postage as it was an unwanted gift, was brand new in box with transmitter etc. They retail at around £280 or so.

"Wheelspin Models" seem to have a good range of parts for these lot, as does "Make it Build it" 👍

James.

IMG_20210923_182703.jpg

**** it, I've told myself that I don't need any more cars - I really don't.

Then I see this

https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/product/cen-q-series-fiat-abarth-595-solid-axle-rtr-truck/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2dOH-Lq79QIVC5ftCh3oxwn4EAQYASABEgKo9vD_BwE

CEN racing 595 for £77 RTR. I've not ordered, I'm hoping everyone who sees this buys one so the temptation goes. :D

It does look like a great little racer - although with the QD and GF01 monster truck I really don't need any more! 

I need to do a full report on mine - I've run it a couple of times now. Stock tires are awful, they have this waxy greasy feel that won't wash off. So I used the wheels and inserts and stretched some Lunchbox tires on - they fit fine, and don't need glue.

Steering is laughable; they have it set up so you can add 4 wheel steering if you want, but the linkage has like 4 bellcranks in it, and all of them add a little slop. It's so sloppy I can't actually tell if there's bump-steer or not. I'm going to move the servo onto the front axle to fix it; never liked 4WS much anyway.

Suspension is great! Very plush, smooth shocks, plenty of travel, and it's way more stable than a WR-02. You can do J-turns at speed without flipping it over. In fact, the only time I got it upside-down so far was popping a wheelie too abruptly and overcoming the wheelie bar, it flipped over backwards. But the wheelie bad is adjustable, and I had it set on the shortest/highest setting, so moving it out might help.

But all in all, it's a good quality kit and a fun vehicle to drive. For that price, I'd say go for it.

I've made a very important discovery about this silly little Fiat - it doesn't want to be a monster truck at all. It wants to be a gasser.

IMG_20220206_112157050.jpg

IMG_20220206_112141377.jpg

IMG_20220206_112205059.jpg

See what I mean?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markbt73 said:

I've made a very important discovery about this silly little Fiat - it doesn't want to be a monster truck at all. It wants to be a gasser.

IMG_20220206_112157050.jpg

IMG_20220206_112141377.jpg

IMG_20220206_112205059.jpg

See what I mean?

Love it! Now it just needs a 6S Lipo and a video to show it in action ;)

On 1/19/2022 at 1:11 AM, Nikko85 said:

**** it, I've told myself that I don't need any more cars - I really don't.

Then I see this

https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/product/cen-q-series-fiat-abarth-595-solid-axle-rtr-truck/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2dOH-Lq79QIVC5ftCh3oxwn4EAQYASABEgKo9vD_BwE

CEN racing 595 for £77 RTR. I've not ordered, I'm hoping everyone who sees this buys one so the temptation goes. :D

It does look like a great little racer - although with the QD and GF01 monster truck I really don't need any more! 

What is this word "need" that you keep using? ;) 

How can you turn down the 175mm wheelbase?

• Like 1

That does look fun. Glad stock pumpkin tyres fit - that makes it even more tempting.

Glad roll overs aren't an issue, that's my one issue with the QD and GF01, on loose surfaces they are a dream, but give them dry, high grip concrete and you really need to slow before cornering.

It does look amazing, but I think I've found another project to use up my last shell!