Golden

Spray paint booths…

@Kol__ I see.. even if the butcher paper is temporarily held by magnets or binder clips/clamps would work (without any permanent cardboard flaps) but I'm assuming you already thought that through.. anyway, good to hear you got venting to the outside.  

4 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Kol__ I see.. even if the butcher paper is temporarily held by magnets or binder clips/clamps would work (without any permanent cardboard flaps) but I'm assuming you already thought that through.. anyway, good to hear you got venting to the outside.  

Yeah maybe some strong paper like you say, perhaps suspended by some thin wire (coat hanger wire maybe?) clipped on could work. When the booth fans are switched on the plastic sheeting from the other side of the shed gets pulled away from the wall towards the booth. So I think a wider booth would provide a fairly effective and focussed airflow at the wider edges pulling in more of the vapours/fumes/dust of extended like you suggest:)

9 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Yeah maybe some strong paper like you say, perhaps suspended by some thin wire (coat hanger wire maybe?) clipped on could work. When the booth fans are switched on the plastic sheeting from the other side of the shed gets pulled away from the wall towards the booth. So I think a wider booth would provide a fairly effective and focussed airflow at the wider edges pulling in more of the vapours/fumes/dust of extended like you suggest:)

Yeah, my ghetto mind was thinking mounting 2 dowels or your wire hangers at the top of the paint box opening and hang the butcher paper in a U shape from the 2 dowels held by binder clips or clothes pins.   Just painter's tape the gap between the paper and paint box opening.  It will probably only take 2-3 min to setup and tear down.. and you only need to do this when painting larger objects.

I think it's worth a try.. B)

• Like 1