rwordenjr

ThunderShot ‘22 #58706 !!

5 hours ago, Morinstal said:

Since thunder dragon never showed up in my LHS and i miss the previous terra scorcher, ill put this one for 2022 rc shop list. But if kyosho release optima mid at the same time, well sorry tamiya XD

You should buy both. No regrets!

On 12/16/2021 at 3:39 PM, Fruitfly01 said:

Have Tamiya released a two colour pre painted body in the past?  I'm thinking about the Vanquish and VQS. The original had to be painted black and silver.  The VQS was pre painted black and had silver stickers for the cockpit area.  If the Thundershot is pre painted, it'll be all white with a lot of dark blue stickers.  Something tells me that the new Thundershot will have an unpainted body shell.  Tamiya's masking tape for curves will be very useful on this one.

Latest info suggests that the bodyshell will indeed be pre painted in two colours

https://tamiyablog.com/2021/12/details-of-tamiya-58706-thunder-shot-4wd-2022-painted-body-with-some-updated-parts/

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, Saito2 said:

Tamiya Employee (TE) "Have you heard the news from Kyosho?"

Tamiya Management (TM) "Kyosho? They're still in business?"

TE "Yes and still producing some fine RC vehicles. They have announced the return of the Optima Mid!"

TM "So?"

TE "We should do something to counter them."

TM "Sigh, ok make a special color edition of something, I don't know a purple Monster Beetle or Lunch Box or something."

TE "I'm not sure if that will do..."

TM "Ok, ok, how about a Comical something or other"

TE "Most respectfully, I was thinking something a bit more spectacular...the King Cab and 959 among others have been requested for some time and...

TM cuts off Tamiya Employee "I've got it! The Optima Mid was 4wd, right? We'll bring back the Thundershot!"

TE "I don't know, I mean it has been done once already and we just saturated that chassis market with the Thunder Dragon and Fire Dragon..."

TM completely ignoring the concerns of the employee "It will be great! All we will need to do is throw a different body in and change the box top from the Thunder Dragon to the Thundershot and the fans will buy it up like crazy! Best of all, it takes absolute minimal effort on our part! I'll get a promotion for this!"

My that was snarky on my part, but I couldn't resist. Forgive my cynical sense of humor at times. I was probably channeling the thought process of my personal employer's management team rather than Tamiya's. For lovers of the Thundershot, I honestly am happy for you.

Technically, no truer words have ever been spoke 😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, taffer said:

Shocks are CVA V2, same as new Saint dragon

those are different than rere terra scorcher and thunder dragon ?

Yes, same as modern dt-03 etc but yellow.

Wierd that they released the limited editions with the older type, except the Saint dragon?

Although I prefer the older type for a rere (rerere!) I'm glad it's coming back again

• Like 1

Im excited for the release.  Why? I have a vintage thunder shot that I had converted to a Terra Scorcher and want to return to its original formal. I HATE painting bodies I’m looking forward to purchasing a painted one and the front shock assembly as well.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:11 AM, taffer said:

Shocks are CVA V2, same as new Saint dragon

That sucks! They clearly have the originals available so why not include them?

1 hour ago, Britaff said:

I wonder if the optional wing is included this time like the first rere 

"– Contains separate rear wing (pre-painted white)."

https://tamiyablog.com/2021/12/details-of-tamiya-58706-thunder-shot-4wd-2022-painted-body-with-some-updated-parts/

I'd love for them to re-re the metal bits from #50339...

https://www.tamiyabase.com/?option=com_joodb&view=article&joobase=10&id=1001&Itemid=775

Terry

On 12/14/2021 at 6:11 AM, MadInventor said:

Would have preferred to see a Hotshot II :ph34r:

Ya me too

9 hours ago, rc4ever said:

Ya me too

Yes hotshot 2, or super sabre possibly  now the t shot chassis cars are done.

Looks good. I missed the fist go around. I'm gonna get two of these. I like the decals on the new one, and these are a great chassis and easy to maintain. I'm just waiting on the Saint Dragon as well. 

Cory

34 minutes ago, RC4x4 said:

Looks good. I missed the fist go around. I'm gonna get two of these. I like the decals on the new one, and these are a great chassis and easy to maintain. I'm just waiting on the Saint Dragon as well. 

Cory

Aren’t the decals the same ?

Just now, rwordenjr said:

Aren’t the decals the same ?

They look a little different. They added that black one to look like a air scoop. I don't know, They just look different.

Cory