Frog Jumper

Spring 2022 releases…. #58701???

8 minutes ago, tamiya_star said:

It is going to be:- 58701 Opel Calibra V6 Cliff (TT-01E)

model_58188_01.jpg

Nice scheme but they could have just released a sticker/body set.!!! We want new models or re re of unobtainable old classics

24 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Nice scheme but they could have just released a sticker/body set.!!! We want new models or re re of unobtainable old classics

Agreed I can't see this being the best of sellers but then again who knows. I'm sure Tamiya know what they're doing 👍🏼

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Agreed, but fingers crossed for a body set separately 🤞

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Boring. Should have been a TA04

Get a body set, I'm sure there's a fella on here that has recently got a ta04😉

• Haha 1

Shocker, another old body on a TT platform. Tamiya seriously needs to take a look at what Kyosho is doing with their fazer platform. They are making some seriously cool and detailed bodies such as this Chevy El Camino https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-fazer-mk2-fz02l-1969-chevy-el-camino-readyset-kyo34419t1/p1281529. If Kyosho starts to do kit versions of these, I'd pre-order one. On a side note, the now cancelled Nuremburg Toy Fair was supposed to start next week, so we should see a good bit of new releases over the next few weeks.   

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Shocker, another old body on a TT platform. Tamiya seriously needs to take a look at what Kyosho is doing with their fazer platform. They are making some seriously cool and detailed bodies such as this Chevy El Camino https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-fazer-mk2-fz02l-1969-chevy-el-camino-readyset-kyo34419t1/p1281529. If Kyosho starts to do kit versions of these, I'd pre-order one. On a side note, the now cancelled Nuremburg Toy Fair was supposed to start next week, so we should see a good bit of new releases over the next few weeks.   

There is a chassis kit version of the Fazer chassis (no body, no electronics), and all bodies are available unpainted... Maybe worth to consider, they are definitively cooler than the combination of old chassis/old body from Tamiya...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tamiya_star said:

model_58188_01.jpg

OMG well done Tamiya. A classic shell on a another has been chassis. 🙄. FFS 🤦‍♂️ the money machine keeps on churning doesn't it.🥺😢

James 

• Like 1

I suppose as they had only just rereleased the 94 DTM one on the TA02 chassis theyve got a few of the shells knocking around to sell off. Shame its on a TT01 though as the body posts are in different locations if you wanted to mix and match. Much prefer the TA02 chassis to build.

15 hours ago, tamiya_star said:

model_58188_01.jpg

Where did you hear this? Or just keeping the thread going? Tamiyablog suggested a retail price of 190euros, seems steep for a TT01...

10 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Where did you hear this?

https://tamiyablog.com/2022/01/future-release-tamiya-58701-opel-calibra-v6-cliff-tt-01e/

Future release Tamiya 58701 Opel Calibra V6 Cliff (TT-01E)

Tamiya welcomes the Opel Calibra V6 Cliff R/C model based on the TT01 Type-E chassis. The Opel Calibra V6 Cliff participated in the 1995 German Touring Car Championship (DTM) series race. Introduced by Joest Racing with driver JJ. Lehto, the car was powered by a 2.5-litre engine V6 engine capable of 420 hp. The distinctive all-black bodywork with the Cliff logo caught people’s attention, and this car showed strength in the DTM.

About the model
– This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 448 mm, width: 185 mm, height: 128 mm. Wheelbase: 257 mm.
– The bulky 1990s shape of the Calibra V6 is stylishly captured by a lightweight, rigid polycarbonate (clear) body with separate side mirrors and a rear spoiler.
– The model uses the shaft-driven TT-01 E-Type 4WD TT-01 chassis, which is based on a durable tub cockpit frame and offers an intuitive, highly controllable drive.
– It features a 4-wheel double wishbone suspension system, and rear differential gears to produce excellent handling.
– Silver ABS, concave wheels are matched with slick racing tyres.
– Comes with decals and masking stickers for use on the paint job.

Features
– Length: 448 mm, width: 185 mm, height: 128 mm, wheelbase: 257 mm.
– Encapsulated 4WD all-wheel drive
– prototypical unpainted polycarbonate body
– Plastic side mirrors and rear spoiler
– Powerful “Torque-Tuned” 540 electric motor
– Independent front and rear suspension
– Electronic speed controller
– Many optional tuning parts available

Necessary accessories
-Remote control with receiver, steering servo, 7.2 V
-NiMH battery pack, charger, paint for polycarbonate body (TAMIYA-PS)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, silvertriple said:

There is a chassis kit version of the Fazer chassis (no body, no electronics), and all bodies are available unpainted... Maybe worth to consider, they are definitively cooler than the combination of old chassis/old body from Tamiya...

I was tempted by this when I saw one. But specs say the Wheelbase is 260mm which could be a problem for fitting Tamiya bodies to. 

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

I was tempted by this when I saw one. But specs say the Wheelbase is 260mm which could be a problem for fitting Tamiya bodies to. 

There is enough possibilities in the Kyosho bodyshell range to avoid Tamiya bodies on a Fazer chassis... And some of them are quite nice...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Where did you hear this? Or just keeping the thread going? Tamiyablog suggested a retail price of 190euros, seems steep for a TT01...

I didn't hear from Tamiyablog I knew before they even posted it on there as I work in the trade. I tend to know a day or so before it goes on Tamiyablog

• Like 1

There is a Tamiya 58698 Lotus Europa Special (M-06) coming.

Did the news spread already?

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, whahooo said:

There is a Tamiya 58698 Lotus Europa Special (M-06) coming.

Did the news spread already?

I think so. Hopefully mine will be here next week🤞

I'm hopeful to see a Mud Blaster which I think is possible as the Monster Beetle and Blackfoot have been done recently.

I would also love to see a Dyna Blaster but cost wise it would be up there with the Top Force Evo so may not be possible. Fingers crossed though.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:27 PM, svenb said:

Agreed, but fingers crossed for a body set separately 🤞

In the pipeline: 51689 Opel Calibra V6 Cliff Body Parts Set

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 5:55 AM, ThunderDragonCy said:

Boring. Should have been a TA04

Too soon for the TA04. They haven’t even begun milking our 💰 for the TA03. 😂

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Too soon for the TA04. They haven’t even begun milking our 💰 for the TA03. 😂

They are on their way. The 911 GT1 got it going. Just regular R and F versions to go now 😉

56 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

They are on their way. The 911 GT1 got it going. Just regular R and F versions to go now 😉

R, F, TRF, David Jun

• Like 2