Sign in to follow this  
M 800STD

Buri Racer E1.2 Build/Mod

@Superluminal  So you like my esc? :D

No diff, just one way bearings.  The rear is solid axle.

Just waiting on parts, which has allowed me ample time for filing. 

I really hate CF and filing now.

• Thanks 1

Swapped out servo for a higher torque one and changed servo saver to a larger metal item.  More steering throw and better steering response.

20220120-204709.jpg

20220120-232132.jpg

On 1/16/2022 at 10:18 PM, M 800STD said:

@Superluminal  So you like my esc? :D

No diff, just one way bearings.  The rear is solid axle.

Just waiting on parts, which has allowed me ample time for filing. 

I really hate CF and filing now.

That's an esc?????!!!!!!!???

• Haha 1

@Superluminal  So the story of this...

A few years ago I was into speed runs, purchased car, esc and motor.  I soon came to the conclusion that I may have purchased the wrong car for the fundamental reason of having no suspension.  Also Castle Creations XLX esc was pulling 500A.

I then got lazy lost interest and focused on my other hobbies.

Fast forwards to now, I thought I better build the car rather than letting the components go to waste, as a lot of money was spent.  Also seeing a YouTube vid of a Buri doing 150mph spurred me on.  I accept I will not be able to challenge the 4s record, as technology in motor's and esc's has improved.  I was tempted to buy an XLX2, but did not want my car to go up in flames.

If I can get close to 150mph, I'll be a very happy man.

• Like 1

Well, this build has been on the slow side because I have been waiting for a new body which arrived today.                                                                                                                                                                                            The reason for the change was partly because the TS020 was too thin and would deform.  The main reason was the cockpit area was small and incredibly close to the esc, so if I had a blow over there would be a high chance the esc would get damaged.  The new body is a 2mm thick Delta Plastics item, McLaren F1 GTR style which has a large cockpit area.  It's not a detailed shell, but purposeful.  I have made a start on it, but this is going to be a long process due to it's thickness and missing cut/trim lines.

20220127-213723.jpg

• Like 2

Body cut and ready for paint.  Just going to paint it orange and not bother with rear wing, as there will be no value.    

Rear body mount stand offs shortened to allow lower body height.  Front body posts replaced due to oem being too short.

20220207-002412.jpg

20220207-002356.jpg

20220207-002444.jpg

• Like 1