Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

TA03R-S to 257 wheelbase with TA02 rear arms? Advice please?

I am hanging my nose over a TA03 for racing next outdoor season, but the rere is short wheelbase and the parts to make a proper TA03R aren't easy to find. Looking at the manual, I wonder if fitting swept back TA02 or FF01 rear arms would potentially work to lengthen the wheelbase with easy to find parts? Maybe flip the rear tower around to put the shocks in a better position?

Anyone done this or had a look at it? If not, anyone with experience of the chassis got any thoughts? 

I can mock that up for you if you like!?

Think I should have some 02 arms I could offer up to my 03

Negative. The arm trick is just for TA02 versus TA02S(W), TA01 rear arms on TA02 to make a 237mm wheelbase.

For TA03, it is the bathtub chassis, shorter belt and the FRP reinforcement plate that you'll need to change the wheelbase.

Just see shapes you'll know that the TA01/02 arms can never work on a TA03 gear box, at least not without major modifications.

• Thanks 1

Approximately 25mm swing back.

You'd need several spacers and a 55mm shaft to fit.

I'd say it is possible but not worth the effort as the rear uprights, axle and shafts,bearings and upper links would need either changing or chopping about , the dampers will need some super long ball connectors to reach too!

16405301279525425076546622070912.jpg

• Thanks 1

@svenb Thanks for the photos. I didn't realised all the interfaces were so fundamentally different. I could quite easily design a rear arm with only 20mm rearward throw and all the right interfaces and 3d print it. I would put camber links on it regardless so top arms would be sorted. Only thing would be the shocks. Any thoughts on how that might work?

TA04 actually work better but they are way to wide.

Unless you can reverse engineer the rear damper stay ie shocks go on the rear end of the arms and body posts front there's little you can do with it.

• Like 1

@ThunderDragonCy are you required to run an older chassis for racing? 

If not, I’d suggest a TT02.. as it’s a much more efficient and balanced chassis than the TA01/02/03

6 hours ago, Raman36 said:

@ThunderDragonCy are you required to run an older chassis for racing? 

If not, I’d suggest a TT02.. as it’s a much more efficient and balanced chassis than the TA01/02/03

Yes, we have to run pre-TA04 in this class of TT01E in the lower class. I already ran a TT01E, and I want something that runs nicer. I found the TT chassis pretty frustrating a lot of the time to be honest.