Finally! the Optima House Artbook 2021 is ready.

88 pages of pure vintage marvels (cars, chassis, motors)

Full color

Size: 24x20cm

(softcover as I wanted an old kyosho catalog feel; I could propose a hard cover option later if there are anyone interested).

The book contains mostly images that weren’t published anywhere and made exclusively for this purpose.

It focuses on the optima series but they are also AYKs, Hirobo, Mugen, Yokomo cars and some classy motors.

A must see for vintage rc buggy lovers! Ask to your friends that actually bought it ;)

If there is interest, each image of the book can become a poster, or perhaps be featurend in a calendar (I don't know if there are still people using calendars though )

The price is 50€. DM me for shipping fee.

Blurb Optima House Artbook 2021-Scene 2.jpg

Blurb Optima House Artbook 2021-Scene 1.jpg

Blurb Optima House Artbook 2021-Scene 1.jpg

265941740_427572948785852_5046194762621543090_n.jpg

• Like 12

Thanks! I only modeled a Hotshot in the Tamiya field but I'll model them eventually (most notably the Frog, Hornet, Fox, Avante, Astute, Egress, Rough Rider, SuperChamp, Boomerang, Supershot, Hotshot II, Falcon).

I'm training on the Marui warriors series now.

The artbook's inspiration were the Kyosho and Marui catalogs. And also some advertisings seen in old japanese rc magazines.

I started modeling my first car, the optima in 2005, so it's a 16 year long job...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, optimaforever said:

I started modeling my first car, the optima in 2005, so it's a 16 year long job...

Wow, so is every image of the cars in the book a cad by you? The Optima line up on the sand for example, is that all CGI?

• Like 1

Just now, Kol__ said:

Wow, so is every image of the cars in the book a cad by you? The Optima line up on the sand for example, is that all CGI?

Yup. There's no photography involved. All CG. At the beginning, everything was modeled in SketchUp.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, optimaforever said:

Yup. There's no photography involved. All CG. At the beginning, everything was modeled in SketchUp.

Wow mate, wow! As @BuggyDad said, looks like a true labour of love:wub:

I'll check in with you in 2038 for the Tamiya one;):lol:

• Like 1

For anyone that is interested but hasn’t purchased yet I would say buy it now! I’m not a long time Kyosho fan and only discovered them since returning to Tamiya a few months back. But this book is beautifully done.

Great work @optimaforever I’m now falling in love with Kyosho thanks in no small part to your Instagram and the book!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

For anyone that is interested but hasn’t purchased yet I would say buy it now! I’m not a long time Kyosho fan and only discovered them since returning to Tamiya a few months back. But this book is beautifully done.

Great work @optimaforever I’m now falling in love with Kyosho thanks in no small part to your Instagram and the book!

Thanks a lot!  :D

57 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

I love it :)... The only issue is that I don't have a car for each page :-)

Yet…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeeWings said:

Yet…

Well, it's not achievable anyway, unless Ryo release a certain chassis which is present in the book and only exists in his CAD :-)

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, silvertriple said:

Well, it's not achievable anyway, unless Ryo release a certain chassis which is present in the book and only exists in his CAD :-)

Well, Devon Middleditch actually made it, but with an Ultima chassis.

118544944_314081036690179_5114436722495145540_n.jpg

118573615_383768922795812_9103396850445548925_n.jpg

121614615_1124732841354139_2939515237527879106_n.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, optimaforever said:

Well, Devon Middleditch actually made it, but with an Ultima chassis.

118544944_314081036690179_5114436722495145540_n.jpg

118573615_383768922795812_9103396850445548925_n.jpg

121614615_1124732841354139_2939515237527879106_n.jpg

I was not thinking about this one :-), but the one with some Tamiya rollcage :-)

I've decided to offer them at 50€ by default. You can always order via Blurb but it's 70€ and not autographed so I guess less interesting. I initially favoured Blurb because I wasn't confident about the shipping fee but eventually found a nice affordable shipping service.

• Like 1

Received my signed copy through the post today - its really very nice! What a labour of love, impressive visuals and there were a couple of buggies in there that id never heared of before so was nice to see them with shells on and off to show the inner workings.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 11:30 PM, Superluminal said:

Received my signed copy through the post today - its really very nice! What a labour of love, impressive visuals and there were a couple of buggies in there that id never heared of before so was nice to see them with shells on and off to show the inner workings.

Did you post pictures on the what mailman has brought me today thread? :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, optimaforever said:

Ha! No not yet - will take some pics when i get home from work later!

2 hours ago, optimaforever said:

Hello everyone, Just want to share with you my signed copy received through the post yesterday - Beautiful work from optimahouse, also for me that only recently, I started to collect vintage pieces....

IMG_7707.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1