Braydun

Re-Re Hotshot Vintage/Modern Hop Ups Build

Hey guys, sorry it took so long but all of my parts finally came in for the Hotshot build! Shipping things to Canada takes forever sometimes. I'm going to start on the build before the New Year but I'll be in Alabama for work for a few weeks after that so updates will be a bit delayed!

So I've got an original YOU-G bumper and aluminum wing, Pro Line rims that I painted white with Prime and Shadow 4WD slicks, MIP ball bearing differentials, a Futaba high torque metal gear servo, a special edition Copperhead 10 ESC, a HobbyStar 540 V3 10.5T SPEC motor, a Futaba 3PRKA transmitter and receiver combo, a Fast Eddy ball bearing kit and finally a Hotshot Dart body by TBG.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for other hop ups! Thanks guys and wish me luckspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

20211229_165021.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys, so I'm in Alabama now for work but I stayed up until 7am before I left and built the Hotshot in one day! Lmao I was dead tired on the flight but it was worth it, I absolutely love this car!

I'll post the build process now. I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked to but I was in a hurry so I did the best I could!

First I started off with drilling out the outdrive holes in the rear gear box and then assembling with the MIP sealed bearings in place of the old ones. Really cool kit by MIP, I love that it includes the little hole saw necessary for this process.

20220101_153231.jpg

• Like 1

Figured I'd include this for a good laugh, first step in the build and of course I broke something lol I over tightened the thrust bearing screw and snapped it off in the t-nut.

Luckily I have the same diff in my re-re frog so I just robbed the nut and screw from there and ordered a replacement so I could continue the build.

20220101_160958.jpg

• Sad 1

Rear gearbox fully assembled and front gearbox outdrives drilled out, ready for bearings.

20220101_231759.jpg

• Like 1

Wishbone suspension arms attached to the front gearbox, the tiny screws made this step a pain but a really neat design for a 1985 car.

20220102_013046.jpg

Gearboxes attached to the chassis and front stabilizer brackets in place, starting to look like a car!

20220102_030630.jpg

Forgot to put the main driveshaft in place so I had to do a little disassembly then put it in.

20220102_030637.jpg

Shocks filled with oil and assembled, can't wait to see how the monoshock system handles on the track!

20220102_035704.jpg

Servo, receiver and ESC installed in the chassis. A very tight fit but I cleaned up the clutter with more zip ties after the picture and kept everything safely away from the driveshaft.

20220102_155843.jpg

Plugged in the motor leads and installed the electronics housing to the chassis. Copperhead 10 ESC looking fierce!

20220102_232641.jpg

• Like 1

Roll cage and roof installed. I messed up the window nets a little bit so I think I'll redo them later on but really enjoying the look of this thing.

20220102_204418.jpg

Put the stock wheels on for now as I am still waiting for my 12mm hex adapters to come in but looking good either way!

20220102_213134.jpg

Assembled the NOS YOU-G alluminum wing, this was the hardest part of the build lmao Tiny screws are not my friend 

20220102_214927.jpg

This wing definitely makes this car for me! Looking very sharp but I wonder if it'll survive a crash lol

20220102_215221.jpg

• Like 1

Swapped the stock antenna tube for a nice white one I had sitting around. Just a little glamor shot of the nearly finished product. When I'm home I'll solder the ESC leads to the motor as well as an XT60 connector to the ESC battery leads then cut and paint the Dart body.

20220102_231712.jpg