Braydun

Re-Re Hotshot Vintage/Modern Hop Ups Build

Really needs my hex adapters to come in so I can throw these bad boys on! What do you guys think of these Pro Line rims and tires?

20220102_231750.jpg

Also gotta say, love the look of that You-g red bumper. May have to pick one up myself. I've seen it in black too, or maybe dyed.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cambragol said:

They look good to me. They have a bit of a 'street' vibe. What are the tires?

I thought so too and apparently they're slicks that are good for clay as well as the road! The rims are Pro Line show time rims, the rear tires are Pro Line Prime MC Rear tires, and the front tires are Pro Line Shadow MC 4WD Front tires.

Got the JG Dart body trimmed and mocked up! Also got my wheel adapters on and fitted the new wheels but the adapters are too thick and only leave me a few threads for the wheel nuts, anyone know a thinner wheel adapter that will work? These are 6mm, I probably need 3 or 4mm. Also a little showcase of my cars! Re-re Frog, original Madcap that I just finished, and original black pan RC10 that is my next project.

20220118_203912.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone have a good way to attach the front wing to the body? I was thinking two way tape but the stuff I have is pretty thick and would cause it to stick up. 

Are hot glue or super glue an option here? Thanks guys

20220118_205156.jpg

4 hours ago, Braydun said:

Anyone have a good way to attach the front wing to the body? I was thinking two way tape but the stuff I have is pretty thick and would cause it to stick up. 

Are hot glue or super glue an option here? Thanks guys

3M VHB tape. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, the body is done and I'm loving it so far! Let me know what you guys think. Did I go a little too crazy on the decals? Lol

Next I am going to have to drill some holes in the chassis to run my motor wires through because the provided hole is too small for a sensor wire and three motor wires. Let's see if I can make this work!

20220120_174642.jpg

Got the holes drilled and the wired pulled through, just gotta solder everything up but I'm waiting on a new soldering station!

20220120_184652.jpg

Can't get enough of this thing, really happy with how it turned out! I am so ready to rip it lol

20220120_185909.jpg

• Like 3

Well I jumped the gun and just soldered all the connections with my old station and it worked just fine! Took it outside for a few minutes and even though it's dark and freezing, I had a blast! This Hotshot kicks ***!20220121_003836.thumb.jpg.1c16557bf9e1a18b0eb81daa96a1da66.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 5:17 AM, cambragol said:

Looking good. A few more shots from different angles would be nice!

Sorry, have been bashing the badword out of this thing so she's a little dirty and beat up! The aluminum spoiler was definitely a bad idea lmao I just picked up some Weld/ Mickey Thompson drag wheels for my Top Force Evo project and I thought I'd throw them on the Hotshot to see how they look

20220205_131533.jpg

• Like 1

Also had to make a custom battery bracket at work to fit my big 3S battery! This thing flies with this combo, haven't confirmed but looks to be at least 50-60km

20220205_131731.jpg

@BraydunThat looks a beast! I’m about to rebuild a hotshot I picked up. Not quite sure I’m up for 60kmh though😮

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@BraydunThat looks a beast! I’m about to rebuild a hotshot I picked up. Not quite sure I’m up for 60kmh though😮

This is just a re re but the Hotshot is one of my favourites by far! Really unique design but could use some stiffer shocks or thicker oil in the stock shocks. I'll get a radar gun on it soon but I'm going overkill on my Top Force Evo build, hoping to go even faster and hopefully not destroy the diffs lol The MIP diffs seem to be holding up pretty well so far

1 hour ago, Braydun said:

This is just a re re but the Hotshot is one of my favourites by far! Really unique design but could use some stiffer shocks or thicker oil in the stock shocks. I'll get a radar gun on it soon but I'm going overkill on my Top Force Evo build, hoping to go even faster and hopefully not destroy the diffs lol The MIP diffs seem to be holding up pretty well so far

I keep seeing people mention the MIP diffs. I think I need to look in to them…

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 7:30 AM, GeeWings said:

I keep seeing people mention the MIP diffs. I think I need to look in to them…

Definitely check them out, they can handle brushless power and give you peace of mind! I lost an upgraded dog bone while driving the Hotshot which is part of the kit, totally my fault yet they sent me a whole new ball diff kit for free! $200 value here in Canada 

20220208_235557.jpg

• Like 2

Nice build. Recently started a resto-mod build on the vintage Supershot I originally built in 1986. Definitely looking at adding the MIP Ball Diffs as well, but am trying to figure out which CVD's will work with them since I hear that the output cup ball size is different (larger?) than the standard Hotshot dogbones. Is that correct?  I wanna run CVD's so I don't have to worry about the dogbones falling out...

On 2/9/2022 at 12:06 AM, Braydun said:

Definitely check them out, they can handle brushless power and give you peace of mind! I lost an upgraded dog bone while driving the Hotshot which is part of the kit, totally my fault yet they sent me a whole new ball diff kit for free! $200 value here in Canada 

20220208_235557.jpg

Wow, now THAT is customer service! Think I might have to go and order the set for mine, right now...heh.