Remember this?

spacer.png

spacer.png

It already had a bit of a TRF vibe with the red aluminium pulleys, TRF dampers, belt, front universals, servo attachments, stabilisers and hardware. It also has a carbon steering link, carbon stabiliser holders, ball diffs, aluminium counter shafts and a few other goodies hidden under the gearcases

Well, after a few months hunting down the necessary parts I'm ready to give it even more of that TA03 TeRriFicness with a full carbon conversion 😃

spacer.png

• carbon upper and lower decks
  • ridiculously hard to find J Parts in black
  • even more ridiculously hard to find K parts, also in black (all hail the kit-breakers!)
  • front one way to replace the front ball diff
  • lovely red 5mm adjusters
  • red aluminium kingpins
  • aluminium heat sink
  • all the necessary red hardware for the conversion

Coming soon!

• Like 5

Nice!

I hate to imagine what you paid for the J Parts. I remember 10 years ago when you could pick them up for about $15 USD from the likes of Asiatees... Not any more!

Look forward to seeing it assembled.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I hate to imagine what you paid for the J Parts. I remember 10 years ago when you could pick them up for about $15 USD from the likes of Asiatees... Not any more!

Actually, guilty secret...I got an F-Pro David Jun NIB kit at a decent price from Japan and broke it out 😬

I already had a DJ chassis that I bought off eBay a couple of years ago and restored to mint (see earlier in the thread) but it came with no box or manual. So I bought the NIB kit from Japan and kept the box, manual, parts bag header cards and the black J Parts and sold everything else. After postage and fees I got back £35 more than I paid for it (including import shipping and fees). So the J Parts, box etc cost me nothing more than the time and effort to photograph and list everything...I'll take that!

• Like 2