Well, servo should have been the next step. Except...

giphy.gif

I couldn't resist doing a test fit with the wheels and body shell and, well, yeah....

spacer.png

The front wheels were much too far back. I initially assumed that maybe those after-market TA02 uprights were a slightly different geometry but, no...

I'd put the front lower arms on back to front ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

giphy.gif

The lower arms are attached in Step 3, and as I was now on Step 28 it needed a fairly substantial tear-down to correct it. The whole front end had to come off ๐Ÿ™„

Anyway, after a bit of solid Anglo-Saxon and anย hour or so of work...

spacer.png

S'all good-manย 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Been laid up with some heinous illness for a week, but was finally able to pick up this project again this morning

First up, getting the servo all built and centred

spacer.png

Then installed onto the chassis and connected to the tie-rods

spacer.png

I've still only managed to find one set of these beautiful Killerbody aluminium rims. I've placed a backorder with a model shop for another set, so I'm living in hope (rather than expectation) ๐Ÿคž

• Like 1

Then on with the upper deck, I had just enough purple countersunk screws. The additional purple hardware had arrived so I was able to finish the QR battery holder tooย 

spacer.png

These are the kit-supplied 'drift' rims and tyres, which are literally just holding one side up until the other set of Killerbody rims materialiseย 

• Like 4

Then onto the belt tension pulley...the FRP chassis kit included a bracket, and there was one in the kits D Parts bag too so now I have a spare, which is nice

spacer.png

More bags of unopened hardware!

spacer.png

• Like 2

And then the final step of the manual, installing the rear stabiliser. I couldn't resist adding the carbon support bar, along with these 3rd party stabiliser stoppers

spacer.png

spacer.png

Maybe one day next summer I will spray the stabiliser bar purple too ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Like 3

And that's the main build done and dusted. As ever there were quite a few leftovers...

The kit diff cups, pinion and spur gear shaft along with anย unopened C Parts Bag, a front stabiliser bar and a tub of Tamiya-shrapnel, mostly tapping screws and brass ball connectors which will get sorted into the spares pots. I must have about 100 of these ball connectors now ๐Ÿ˜‚

spacer.png

And then some unused Hop Ups and hardware...

spacer.png

• Like 4

I couldn't find 35mm purple countersunk screws for the battery holder, but other than that...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

There are still a few jobs to do before this is finished...

• I've ordered some aluminium hex hub / brake discs and callipers from Integy which are on their way and should make for a nice extra detail finishing touch
  • Need to trim down the body posts and add the purple post-toppersย 
  • Still need another set of Killerbody rims!
  • Toying with the idea of using some translucent purple film to tint the front headlights on the AMG shell...
  • Electronics install....still to decide whetherย to go all in on a Hobbywing brushless drift combo of a well-fit purple ESC and black / purple motor. They would look awesome, but it's a lot of ยฃยฃยฃยฃยฃ. I think I need a couple of my trades to sell first

spacer.png

ย 

• Like 5

On 12/5/2022 at 7:39 AM, Re-Bugged said:

Hey @Juhunio, would these be the rims your looking for?โ€ฆ

https://hobbiesdirect.com.au/Killerbody-1.9-Aluminium-Alfa-Romeo-TZ3-Corsa-Rims-2Pcs-48306SIGY
ย 

If they are but donโ€™t post internationally just sing out ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Yup, that's them!

I've placed a backorder with a hobby shop here in the UK...now, generally speaking, I've found hobby store backorders to be the graveyard of mis-placed hope. But I'll give it a few weeks and, if it turns out as expected, I will definitely take you up on that offer, thank you ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

A little trip back in time, to my David Jun restoration. The fluorescent yellow springs and stabilisers led me to add fluorescent yellow accents to the CLK-DTM body shell, and fluorescent yellowย rims ...

spacer.png

And then recently I found another bit of fluorescent yellow, this High Torque Servo Saver (49553) which I fitted today

spacer.png

spacer.png

It all works well togetherย :)

spacer.png

• Like 5

What a fantastic lineup of TA03 variants!ย 

Have you weighed any of them? Curious what the running weight and rolling weights are.ย 

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 9:32 AM, Juhunio said:

spacer.png

Randomly bought this same servo for my upcoming TA03 build I am accumulating parts for.ย 

• Like 1

Jeez, it's been a while ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

After a four month wait, the second set of Killerbody Rims needed for the Purple Haze TA03 finally arrived, along with a few other purpley bits

spacer.png

I was particularly chuffed to find the new purple motor mount plate, which someone must have broken out of a TA03RS-TRF kit ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Like 3

The wheel spacers help fill out the arches a bit more as there's very little offset in the rims, in the end I used all of them so 1.5mm on every corner

spacer.png

• Like 3

Then on with the new rims, which are just super-lush and the perfect finishing touch to this purple-themed build

spacer.png

• Like 4

Next, the motor plate...

spacer.png

It basically replaces the light board motor plate that comes with the kit

spacer.png

It is very cool but it has to be said that once it's fitted, you would barely know that it was in there...just one little sliver shows through

spacer.png

I'll know though ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

And the final of the finishing touches is for the body shell...purple tinted headlamps! Very drifty...

spacer.png

ย 

• Like 3

Truly amazing attention to detail to this work of art ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Lovinโ€™ the wheels on there.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Truly amazing attention to detail to this work of art ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Lovinโ€™ the wheels on there.ย 

Why thank you sir! The rims are really lovely, well worth the wait ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Like 1