silvertriple

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motors at SilverTriple's sauce

Last night, someone mentioned a void between the cockpit and the bodyshell in my thread on the Wild One on another forum. It went into my head like a seed. I found one on cults3D, but it seems that this went crazy in my mind while in meetings in the afternoon... I think I can do better than the one I found on Cults3D.
At the end of my day, I took the caliper to do some rough measurement, and went back to the drawing board... And started something...
xHW2Hjl.jpg

I need to check this out, do some improvements, and probably find a way to fix this thing to the cockpit... Let's find out :-D

• Like 4

Additional difficulties with my printer delayed my work on the Wild One... I would have liked to be able to test a print of the dashboard, but unfortunately, the bed leveling sensor requires replacement (I did multiple tries to make it work, and finally it's broken - partly due to my insistance to try something), and until this sensor is replaced I won't be able to test print my part to refine it...

Although I did not print, I already made some adjustments to my design (and I made sure I can actually move the clocks part or the case part easily of the position requires change after the print)...
conG4YE.jpg

In the meantime, I received additional stickers that should complete what I have already...
W1JewML.jpg

Operations will restart over the course of the week-end, for sure, specially considering the arrival of a sensor cable (if lucky, I get it tomorrow), and a new bed leveling sensor for the printer...

• Like 3

I didn't want to call it done today, so only made some steps today (it won't be possible to finish it until I have a dashboard printed and fine tuned anyway)...

I started to cut out the windows net and the rear number plate (and due to my brushless set up, I had to adapt the right side).
LSDamgK.jpg

I put the windows nets in the car. I really don't like the right side setup, as it is not really practical for to plug  in the battery...
fR7hHxx.jpg
SGFAK2P.jpg

I decided to apply some silver vinyl on the inside face of the number plate and gun metal on the external side, and applied my number my own way...
yYeABhk.jpg

On the fake antenna, I wanted a flag, but no way I put a turtle there... Opted for silver and white outlines with a white number in...
mEPLzdP.jpg

Time to do some small test. Need to check the esc settings (why the ***** did I not tested that earlier? Oh, yes I know, I did not have the sensor cable before), as it goes reverse. It may require some tweaking in this area.

I decided to take some snapshots as I wanted to stop there for today. Sponsors will be applied next...
lAPdjVC.jpg
4Hqknfi.jpg
P5XJIbl.jpg
vuVahmR.jpg
WsQXlzG.jpg
XZ7BRrl.jpg
Vp1Ln8Q.jpg

One thing I don't like with the Wild One is the right side, where Tamiya could have done something much better for the battery cable...
tjYRsm3.jpg

• Like 3

Nice build! I really like the silver parts (instead of red) of this kit. The net and the tail light housing/garnish are nice touches too.

Great build! ;)

By the way, I have replaced all my shocks to something else on mine. Softer springs in front and I also added 35g of lead weight. The damping of the front suspension is so much better.

• Like 2

Continuing working by small touches...

I did work this morning to extend the silver scheme on the roof.
I first prepared a template made of yellow paper (this can't be white as it will be scanned later on, and I did not found darker color in the papers available for this).
WszNLoQ.jpg

After some work within Silhouette studio where I prepared as well some side stickers, I cut them with the plotter, and used wet application and a hair drier to finish the work, first on the roof, with silver vinyl...
uvCDmyJ.jpg
... And then on the sides.
kxoYOyG.jpg

It already looks so much better now...

• Like 3

While I'm still awaiting for some connector to try to fix the printer (which means I can't print the dashboard yet), I did spend some time on the Wild One decoration to make it look like a race car (in reality a toy :-) )

I won't call it done yet as there is still the dashboard missing, and I can't find my license plates to complete the rear end. I know I have some somewhere, but not sure where (need to find out).

In the meantime some pictures in close to final state...
wNpYVoA.jpg
34LAqsd.jpg
y0zciss.jpg
012I5mh.jpg
IHcR81o.jpg
YukEnhc.jpg

I could not resist to try to do something inside...
UdhBNYF.jpg

Although tires are not glued, it seems the 13.5T brushless is going to work quite well to have a lot of fun with this wild one :-)

• Like 5

9 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@Nicadraus gat shocks did you go with?

Here you go. These are 80mm shocks with internal springs. They come with extra springs, soft, medium and hard.

trc-302279-776x618.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Here you go. These are 80mm shocks with internal springs. They come with extra springs, soft, medium and hard.

trc-302279-776x618.jpg

Thanks. this is going to be useful for many, I'm sure :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

trc-302279-776x618.jpg

Nice! They would be perfect for another resto project. Can you tell me who made them?

13 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Nice! They would be perfect for another resto project. Can you tell me who made them?

The ones I got didn't have a brand. It's generic but works really well. In fact I also got another 90mm set that I installed in my CC-01 which also works great and better realism.

But I believe there are several brands that made them too. Aimrock, Cool Racing, RC4WD, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/RCLions-Absorber-Internal-Crawler-Upgrade/dp/B07VYGCQFZ?th=1

https://rcbitz.com/chassis-component-parts/suspension-shocks-springs-etc/the-ultimate-scale-shocks-70mm-silver-shock-absorber-rc4wd-z-d0004-rcbitz-tf2/

It took time, and I used a raft to go over my Printer bed adhesion issues, but it's finally here.
pZwgY7C.jpg

I still need to do some work on it (priming, paint, and some finish), but I tested it quickly on the Wild One, and it is just the right sizes... It maybe difficult to see, but it is right here:
oaMnFSv.jpg
nKbZ2P8.jpg

I'll take other pictures once it is painted. It will be easy to fix with double face tape or just drilling two holes on both the driver lexan shell and the dashboard and fix it with some screws and nut (there is enough room to put some nuts inside the dashboard.

I just uploaded it on Thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5224666

• Like 3

Since the printer issue is solved, I reprinted the rear led support with a slightly different orientation.
vEmMyyk.jpg

The quality is really better, due both to the printer fixed and the different orientation.
MdSJhRW.jpg
GNBam3i.jpg

I'm planning to paint the dashboard over the week-end while printing some Samurai wheels...

• Like 3

I did a last thing on the Wild One... I may come back to it later on for some adjustment, but there will likely be some runs before...
X53wh2I.jpg

Mister Big Hands has now clocks to look at...
Jm59JQ8.jpg
xjgaXfG.jpg
HwrgOIC.jpg

• Like 3

Great work @silvertriple. I’m hoping to finally get on with building mine soon. I have an old Wild One that I’m also rebuilding. Looking forward to getting them both up and running. 

• Like 1