simalarion

? So, What have you done Today ? V2.0 -TempFix-

The Original thread created by @Badboyis broken at the moment. So i was thinking we could continue in this thread while the other one is down and just jump back to it when its up again. Please see the original post from 2007 a bit down.

EDIT: Orignal Thread is up again and as suspected some do not want to move from old Thread and want this closed, so lets hope its more stable now. I know many wanted to keep this open to avoid same problem happening again but i do not want to have an argument on this forum with some and repsect those that does not want it to, so please just use old thread again so i can stay friend with all here :). 

Edit2: issues again, should probably find a better solution.

Also heard the sad news today that Badboy is no longer with us so that is ofc why we/i have not heard from him. 

Hi all!!!

I thought it could be cool to have a thread where you can wright out your happines, anger or what not....

Try to keep this topic up every day!

You have to end your writing with "So, What have you done today?"

So the next dude can tell everybody what he's been up to!!!

Tamiya related of course!!! (forgot that so edited)

I'll start:

Today I added decals on my new WW2 body!!!

Hopefully It gonna' look awesome!!! :)

PICT0164.jpg

More pics when finnished!!!

So, What have you done today?

Badboy

By Badboy, August 19, 2007
  • 34447 replies 
  • 2205902 views
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, simalarion said:

The Original thread is broken. So i was thinking we could continue in this thread while the other one is down and just jump back to it when its up again?.

Smart thinking, simalarion!

Happy New Year to everyone and their families.  Hope you all had a nice holiday.  

To be perfectly honest, I have not touched anything RC besides what FedEx brought me a couple of days ago (paint, white putty, TRF x-rings).. been concentrating on finishing my music room setup the last few days and yesterday helped my wife feed and re-route coax and ethernet cables through the walls from her old work space (which is my new music room) so it was a pretty busy couple of days.  

For 2022, my crafty wife challenged me to make tool cases out of styrene for Willy.. so I will make a couple of different ones.  She said the larger drawers must be able to pull out.. but does not need to run ball bearings.     wheew..   :lol: LOL.    :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Today i finally ordered the Subaru On road kit i always wanted as wife gave me money to buy hobby stuff for at my birthday 🎉. I ordered what i thought was close to mandatory for a good road runner when it comes to Hop—ups, please tell me if i got it right:

spacer.png

edit: Thanks and ofc Happy New Year to all off TCF members! :)

Wife told me now that she was thinking about parts & bits but «ups» to late ;)

• Like 1

It might be worth waiting for a response from the admins before this gains too much momentum?

I’ve reached out…

• Like 2

@Juhunio  This is the 2nd time the thread had locked up on its own within a month's time so I think it might just be too big with too many pages...(?)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

@Juhunio  This is the 2nd time the thread had locked up on its own within a month's time so I think it might just be too big with too many pages...(?)

Let’s find out 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Juhunio said:

Let’s find out 👍

There is definitely admin on duty today as my build thread got approved and released. 

1 minute ago, alvinlwh said:

There is definitely admin on duty today as my build thread got approved and released. 

Must be nice to be cool..  

I have no build threads because I keep deleting older pictures..

So, this is what I worked on today.. see how I placed this screw here..

<blank picture>

And check out what I did here!  

<blank picture>

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Must be nice to be cool..  

I have no build threads because I keep deleting older pictures..

So, this is what I worked on today.. see how I placed this screw here..

<blank picture>

And check out what I did here!  

<blank picture>

:lol:

You should check this out, it makes the problem go away

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/90552-completely-new-service-replacing-tcphotoscom/&tab=comments#comment-759500

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

51794572813_344504faac_k.jpg

VERY NICE!    I love it.

.. oh wait.. I had to double check that this was not the picture-only thread!  :lol:

5 minutes ago, simalarion said:

@Willy iine - use imgur for posting pics?, the forum will not let you post very many pics. 

Thanks.  Honestly the stuff I do is just a repeat of what MANY folks have already done with only a minor twist of my flavor so it's really nothing record worthy, imho.

So I just keep pictures I like in my profile page for vanity purposes.

4 hours ago, simalarion said:

The Original thread is broken. So i was thinking we could continue in this thread while the other one is down and just jump back to it when its up again?.

Hope it can be resurrected with the original author credited 🤞

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Hope it can be restricted, with the original author credited 🤞

I already knew that would be a issue for many and thats the reason i suggested to jump back to original thread when its up again, to avoid this discussion. I could also just remove subject field if this become more off a issue than a good idea

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simalarion said:

I already knew that would be a issue for many and thats the reason i suggested to jump back to original thread when its up again, to avoid this discussion. I could also just remove subject field if this become more off a issue than a good idea

Maybe just mention him in your first post... (?)   Just keeping the tradition going out of respect.. of sorts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simalarion said:

Thought it was up again but it failed again going to last page?

:lol:   Yeah, I would just keep going on this thread if everyone's okay with it.

• Like 2

Just now, Willy iine said:

:lol:   Yeah, I would just keep going on this thread if everyone's okay with it.

Ok, i @ the thread starter in first post and plan is to move over to original post when its up again.

Just PM me if some if not ok with this, maybe first off all @Badboy .

• Like 2

Def just keep this one separate. Imo. If this is working fine and maybe it's time to just archive the old one and have a mention to the op author of the first?

James.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Def just keep this one separate. Imo. If this is working fine and maybe it's time to just archive the old one and have a mention to the op author of the first?

James.

Makes sense lads:)

• Like 1

Anyways, for me and my family we are up in Dufftown, Scotland visiting the in-laws, it's only an hour drive from my home in Aberdeen. It's been good and scary warm. It's been 10 degrees today, usually it's -2 or so and at least 6 inches of snow at this time of year. 

But a few beers and relaxing time away from home has been good 👍

James.

• Like 4

My RC love has been waning recently, the winter is never great in my cold damp garage and my spare time is limited and now competing with a miniature painting commission.

Mrs BC had an overnight with work so I gave El Kid a few activity options - he chose working on my trail truck with a view to running it today.

So it gained the axle shims and Tamiya 6mm hexes it has been waiting for and I tidied up the wiring with some zip ties. Woo hoo! Then the truck threw it's usual curve balls.

1. No compatible XT60 lead for the 2S LiPo

2. Body rubbing on the lovely Pit Bull Rock Beasts

2A5DF988-C5BA-456E-9649-0190D3DEA296.jpg

So I charged up the 3S that is too big to fit in the rear deck and we swapped the tyres out for some piddly looking GMade MT1904s (I think that's what they are, it has been a long time.

Then this morning, with a forecast of light rain,  we hit the trail

DSC_2189.jpg

Mmmm, exposed wiring...

DSC_2184.jpg

And the driver

DSC_2192.jpg

He piloted the truck brilliantly, it had more pace than we needed and conquered some incline / decline tests without any roll overs. And the odd puddle.

Screenshot_20220102-1400332.png

That's right @toyolien, I have the old chassis running. It is myth no more @Busdriver! It ran faultlessly. Than never happens for me.

Of course, it wouldn't be a 'Crumble RC day without some issue. I went to storage charge the LiPo and the balance lead plug disintegrated. A few scary sparks later and I had everything disconnected :blink:.

Any lessons for me? Had it been a Tamiya it might not have taken me two years to get it running...:D

• Like 7

Today i stickered up my clod Body.

I don't like the middle Stripe, but i still have some ford, bigfoot and firestone Logos.

Where should i put them?

Ps: i can not post Photos....

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png