simalarion

? So, What have you done Today ? V2.0 -TempFix-

I’m away on holiday so still no Tamiya for me, closest we got last night was crab racing 🤣

But I’m itching to get be back to building and when I can’t build I tend to buy so more orders are on their way…

• Haha 2

I had hoped to get the first run with my Christmas build today -

mWnouWe.jpeg

but yet again more rubbish weather and I just can't be bothered with a major clean up job!

So I rebuilt the Mud Blaster and organised a host of newly purchased parts into their respective build boxes with their other parts, ready for future builds on my 'build list':D

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

I’m away on holiday so still no Tamiya for me, closest we got last night was crab racing 🤣

Put a servo and a 2.4 on the crab and you will have a proper crawler. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, simalarion said:

I already knew that would be a issue for many and thats the reason i suggested to jump back to original thread when its up again, to avoid this discussion. I could also just remove subject field if this become more off a issue than a good idea

Autocorrect at its best....🤦‍♂️

Edited with , resurrected...

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

@Badcrumble Great to see it running again. It's a very capable chassis👍

I was very surprised, no hang ups and it went up quite a steep bank (and back down again) without any problem. So pleased with it after all such a long build - and still not finished!

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

Put a servo and a 2.4 on the crab and you will have a proper crawler. 

Too late, I already went brushless. The crab won and is now ready to eat ;)

21 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Too late, I already went brushless. The crab won and is now ready to eat ;)

The 'Tamiya Crab'... the latest model in the newest generation of Tamiya 1/10th sand buggies... apparently very good at left and right, not so good at forward or reverse.

9 minutes ago, Mad Zero said:

Is the ‘What has @Willy iine bought today?’ thread broken too? 

Hmmm appears to be busted as well....pretty sure it was working ok earlier today

11 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Hmmm appears to be busted as well....pretty sure it was working ok earlier today

hmm what have you really done today  @Willy iine ?, have you un-potentially broken 2 threads?:lol:, to many pictures in Battle Red can brake internet like Kardashian`s ***?

• Haha 1

It wasn't me.. ?  :ph34r:

..was I not supposed to touch that button?   

...hummm, I wonder what this button does..  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

The 'Tamiya Crab'... the latest model in the newest generation of Tamiya 1/10th sand buggies... apparently very good at left and right, not so good at forward or reverse.

I will add some new shocks today and report back.

Do we think a crab can handle 3S?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

I will add some new shocks today and report back.

Do we think a crab can handle 3S?

Best go with a polycarb shell rather than a hard shell with 3s too 😉

3 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Best go with a polycarb shell rather than a hard shell with 3s too 😉

Soft shell crab surely ;) 

• Like 1

Mirrors in.  Made holes for rear spoiler.  Painting light pods / buckets. Waiting for Shoe Goo to mount magnetic body posts. 

Mixed on the stock wheel color with the body…

9F193F21-CF60-48DC-9CFF-B443C1F02C2F.jpeg.dbd0aa91a544eba4ccb311d47df14e4b.jpeg
1DEAA6FD-0212-4CB0-87B5-A70B55830E25.jpeg2EEA2F6F-5AF4-49AD-9190-7130644F7279.jpeg

Went out today with my son and drove our cars. He has a TT-02B and I drove my basher DT-02 Nissan Titan. 
E5F688BE-795C-4760-B785-A11977EB4FB0.jpeg.d036888dc85fcf438d47c0450e87e6a9.jpegB25B80BB-5169-497F-94E0-67B04FB576CC.jpeg.3128af76c66de3031589b903620b5cda.jpeg

At night I tried to paint the Monster Beetle driver. Not doing so well with a brush. Don’t have an air brush and prob will not be investing in one.  Any recommendations?  I had primed the driver light grey.

069C7E05-6FB4-4242-BE99-A6A5C123632D.jpeg.edc67a4803f3d37aae6353439cb79a0b.jpeg

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Frankster said:

At night I tried to paint the Monster Beetle driver. Not doing so well with a brush. Don’t have an air brush and prob will not be investing in one.  Any recommendations?  I had primed the driver light grey.

Tamiya X acrylics are not well suited to brush unless thinned. You can use water or X-20 to this effect.

A much better alternative for driver painting is to use paint formulated for brush such as Vallejo acrylics. The caveat is that they scratch easily and sealing with clear spray is a must.

Bummer about the old thread having issues... I hope they'll be able to get it up and running again, I'm a bit of a traditionalist and it only had 1368 pages after all! :lol: Fingers crossed, and thanks @Juhunio for being proactive about it.

...and if not, I'm good with this one of course✌

I finally managed to get a nice head start on my TT-02 Lancia Delta build today (man it gets hectic when you've been away from your homeland for years, it was ambitous of me getting this kit now).

20220102-180133.jpg

My first impressions on the platform are good. The ABS plastic quality seems alright on this one, it's a simple and quite relaxing build, and quite different from my usual off road buggies which is a nice change.

The plastic shaft feels somehow counterintuitive, but it's probably more psychological than anything and in any case it will do good for now with the Silver can.

20220102-151920.jpg

I went this far today than had to stop.20220102-180159.jpg

Tomorrow we'll be off to another place so I'll wrap up the build and take it with me to continue over there 😅

• Like 2

My day unfortunately may be ending with me ruining a Grasshopper shell. After the initial Easy Off Oven spray overnight soak and roughly 55% of the ugly blue paint falling off I got a bit to ambitious and sprayed the shell with Graffiti Spray Remover. This turned the remaining ugly blue paint into a gelatinous sticky gooey mess. The sticky gooey mess is now covering the entire shell in and out like derivable lint brush. I decided to do another Oven Spray overnight and deal with the fallout  in the morning. 

Additionally over three weeks i've built four nib chassis and cut all the bodies, been way rainy here so no paint. I'm currently waiting on a second DT03 dark impact that i accidentally won on ebay, no really i swear. So hoping that gets here quickly.

Have been collecting paint and body tools for awhile now and finally started going through it all to see what else i would like to add to my persoal rc body shop.

I am fairly sure other than one option I have now assembled every avail hop up for my DB02 after the postman dropped me a small package the other day.

And i suppose finally I am planning to photo all my builds and add them to my showroom as i haven't kept up with it as i would have liked to.

@Frankster Looks like you had a fun day with your son!

As for the driver figures, I mostly only use enamel paint.. and just the basic Testors paint available everywhere if in the USA.. like even at supermarket toy section.. :ph34r:

IMG_May162021at42607PM.thumb.jpg.1742b884c1fe87890920cca7a0e3ec9c.jpg

• Like 2

Today I pretty much completed the visual mods on my Madcap/Astute mongrel. Now onto the mechanical and electrical fixes it needs.

eoAAN3G.jpeg

• Like 3

@frankster I would second the recommendation of Vallejo acrylics. I’ve found them excellent to brush on and create a great consistent finish. Cheap too so easy to get a few different colours to try etc. But otherwise good luck with the Tamiya paint.

52 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

My day unfortunately may be ending with me ruining a Grasshopper shell. After the initial Easy Off Oven spray overnight soak and roughly 55% of the ugly blue paint falling off I got a bit to ambitious and sprayed the shell with Graffiti Spray Remover. This turned the remaining ugly blue paint into a gelatinous sticky gooey mess. The sticky gooey mess is now covering the entire shell in and out like derivable lint brush. I decided to do another Oven Spray overnight and deal with the fallout  in the morning. 

Next time, get yourself some Mr Color Remover, the only product I had tried to remove all known modeling paint I had tried it on. 

1 hour ago, OoALEJOoO said:

Tamiya X acrylics are not well suited to brush unless thinned. You can use water or X-20 to this effect.

Those in the picture are not acrylics! They are enamel and will not play well with water!