simalarion

? So, What have you done Today ? V2.0 -TempFix-

Dang, @Yoshimitsu.. you're an animal!   Working on new cars around the clock 24/7.    :lol:   GL with this one too, not that you need it.  

@Alangt4 Mighty collection you got there!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Got around the fitting my tamiya super stock gun metal can edition to my super astute!

20220103_141727.jpg

I like the look of that colour scheme, have you done a build thread?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Mr Color (lacquer) is OK (just OK) for brush painting but excellent for airbrushing. Mr Hobby (acrylic) is what you want for brush painting. 

Lucky you to be in HK, the best place in the world to get model supplies. Kwong Wa Street is literally heaven. 

My wife was completely exhausted after our (my) last shopping trip there. 😁

spacer.png

Is she exhausted because you make her carry huge bags of models around whilst you browse for more?!:P

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Futura said:
2 hours ago, moffman said:

Got around the fitting my tamiya super stock gun metal can edition to my super astute!

20220103_141727.jpg

Yeah, that looks great @Futura, any more pics?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Futura said:

No I actually built it a few years ago and over the years just added to it! Shocks, carbon stuff, motor etc etc and I was never keen on the colour combination of the standard but liked the decals themselves so I put MCI decals on it it my colour scheme? Also what I like about the astute/super astute is the gearbox is the planetary type like the avante! 

20220103_141909.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Is she exhausted because you make her carry huge bags of models around whilst you browse for more?!:P

Oh yes of course, there is only so much shopping a man can carry and browse for more at the same time. Women are more evolved to shop. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alangt4 said:

Got my buggy collection out with my brother since it was bright and dry and got most for at least a gentle spin.

09CB4D39-A2E0-4B6C-AFD1-98493F23AD83.jpeg

Nice collection.  I am not familiar with the one in the very left (orange wheels)

6 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

I'm making the most of my holiday..I'm not finished today either.😁

51797470860_4f0eb93443_k.jpg

51797112684_7216496c92_k.jpg

51795797057_80297e3fbf_k.jpg

I was wondering what you were building, but the paper you have in your spray booth gave it away :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Started applying the stickers on my Alfa Romeo Giulia. It is nerve-wracking job but it has to be done...

IMG20220102181624_compress43.thumb.jpg.0105fc20ba5af16f6822131bd29233de.jpg

Looks great. Nice colour, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

51795798367_4a0a16d2a8_k.jpg

Very cool. I ordered those wheels (51021 ?) for my Quattro. May I ask where you got the front wheel covers?

7 hours ago, Rally! said:

Very cool. I ordered those wheels (51021 ?) for my Quattro. May I ask where you got the front wheel covers?

Looks like the "turbofan" from the HPI FIFTEEN52 TURBOMAC wheel.     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TurboRSR said:

Looks like the "turbofan" from the HPI FIFTEEN52 TURBOMAC wheel.     

That's the ones.👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Started applying the stickers on my Alfa Romeo Giulia. It is nerve-wracking job but it has to be done...

IMG20220102181624_compress43.thumb.jpg.0105fc20ba5af16f6822131bd29233de.jpg

That looks fantastic. Perfect colour choice, looks very period correct.😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Frankster said:

Nice collection.  I am not familiar with the one in the very left (orange wheels)

That’s a Terra Conqueror- a manta ray with hop ups like a dyna tech motor. The fluoro orange looks great I reckon.

should have black cva shocks- I put a set of hi-cap dampers on and a top force frp shock tower. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 4:05 AM, JeffSpicoli said:

Gonna try and pick up some Frog Tape - I saw their ad on TV and they claim their tape doesn't leak.  I am eager to test it on an RC body.

Keep in mind that they have 2 kinds of tape, the yellow tape is less sticky and AFAIK the green tape is made for water based paint only, but it should work fine with other paints.
One thing that you probably should do after you applied the tape is go around the edges with a damp cloth, it causes the powder on the side of the tape to expand, which should better prevent bleeding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

That looks fantastic. Perfect colour choice, looks very period correct.😎

Thanks. I'm very pleased with the colour. I was hoping the blue would be like that when backed with black. 

8 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Thanks. I'm very pleased with the colour. I was hoping the blue would be like that when backed with black. 

What blue was it?

5 hours ago, Superluminal said:

What blue was it?

5 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

PS-4?

Exactly. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Exactly. 

Hmm when summer comes i will paint my Subaru Impreza 2004 Mika blue (obviously), problem is that colour Tamiya only have in TS (think it was TS-50). I got help from this Forum where a computer said out off the PS Tamiya Paints just this PS-4 was  96% simillar. This PS-4 looks very good but not sure if its the right choice for Mika blue, i think most use Metallic blue when going for Ps Tamiya paint and Those Subare Models that use Mika blue (?).

I will need to think more abaut this one, please give me sugestion if any have ...