Hey @netsmithUK @acprc happy new year!

A few users are reporting an issue with the “what have you done today” thread in the ‘General Discussions’ forum…is it terminally broken?

Before the replacement thread gains any serious momentum, could you check and confirm if the original thread is irreparable?

Cheers!

Same here. Only works if I use URLs from my browser chronics directly into some old threads.

I don't get the issue. Just archive the original, acknowledge the original OP and keep the new thread. Sorry but, the new thread works, old one repeatedly doesn't. 🤦‍♂️🤔

James.

@netsmithUK is it possible for someone in admin to make a decision about the what have you done thread and it’s now very strangely titled alternative!!! Either lock the old one and re title the new one or move all the content from the new one to the old one and lock the new one, or any other idea you have. It seems to be getting very confusing!! It’s as if members have taken over the control of the boards??

What is the problem with the thread? What is the expected behavior and what is it doing that's not right?

3 minutes ago, RichieRich said:

What is the problem with the thread? What is the expected behavior and what is it doing that's not right?

Sometimes when people click on the thread they just get an error message. It happens sometimes on a couple of the other big threads too. It’s a database issue I believe. 

2 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Sometimes when people click on the thread they just get an error message. It happens sometimes on a couple of the other big threads too. It’s a database issue I believe. 

Ah, ok. I've never actually read either of those threads. :D I can lock the original and re-title the "problem fixed" thread. If you want something fancy done, we'll have to wait for netsmithuk to open the hood and root around...not Aussie root, btw.

Thanks @RichieRich it’s not really my choice but that does seem the sensible option as I imagine the issue will keep occurring. 

I have sent a message to @netsmithUK asking him to try and make one or the other work so we don’t have this cross posting!