Sign in to follow this  
alvinlwh

Some MTC and general questions (not MTC specific)

So, I managed to get the extra tax I paid back and have a small amount of credit to burn at RCMart. I am interested in a 4WD M chassis (MTC sized) that is 239mm. Other than the Tamiya MF-01X, who else makes that? 3R M4/5 are only 225mm. I already have a M-05Ra, M-06 and a MG Evo so will like to go 4WD. And since I am already paying through my nose for RCMart's sky high postage, I will rather not buy Tamiya (which I can get cheaper locally). 

A different question is, are there any FR chassis out there? There are some discussions recently about making a TT chassis RWD, effectively making it MR, that got me wondering if there is a scale chassis to mirror a, say MX-5 in real life. 

You can get a 239mm chassis conversion for the Xpress XM1. RCMart own the Xpress brand. I haven't seen an FR mini chassis.

54 minutes ago, sosidge said:

You can get a 239mm chassis conversion for the Xpress XM1. RCMart own the Xpress brand. I haven't seen an FR mini chassis.

Thanks, I will look into that. 

The FR question applies to any chassis, TT or MTC sized. 

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

Thanks, I will look into that. 

The FR question applies to any chassis, TT or MTC sized. 

Well you could make an XV-01 rear wheel drive, and there are some front motor drift chassis out there that were originally 4wd but could be easily converted.

You've also got mid-front motor options, top end front-wheel-drive racing chassis are mostly mid-front motored, something like an XRAY T4F-21 can be built as a RWD.

There are also 4wd buggies with a mid-front motor and shaft drive but I can't think of any touring chassis that use the same layout.

38 minutes ago, sosidge said:

Well you could make an XV-01 rear wheel drive, and there are some front motor drift chassis out there that were originally 4wd but could be easily converted.

You've also got mid-front motor options, top end front-wheel-drive racing chassis are mostly mid-front motored, something like an XRAY T4F-21 can be built as a RWD.

There are also 4wd buggies with a mid-front motor and shaft drive but I can't think of any touring chassis that use the same layout.

Thanks. I looked into the XM1 and the conversion is at least half the price of the kit so that is a no go. Probably just going with a 210mm something instead. 

The FR question just popped up when I saw a TCR-M chassis with a MX-5 shell, which incorrect. 

After consideration, I will be buying an ESC and program card with the RCMart credit I have, their postage is just unreasonable for most kits, even with their extremely low sales price, making it pointless in the end. I will get something from 3R or At instead 

The only "true" FR chassis I know are the MST FXX 2.0 and FXX-D which are both drift chassis that have the motor mounted in between the front dampers.
A chassis with the motor even more in front, which you can easily turn into a FR chassis is the TA03F, or if you want a shorter wheelbase the TA03F-S.

• Thanks 1