wtcc5

wtcc5's TT-01 addiction

This thread is fantastic!!

I have just purchased a TT-01 Type E Buggyra Fat Fox racing truck so you have inspired me to add some upgrades during the build. Thank you.

Is there a quick-reference guide to all the Hop-Up options available for the chassis?

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 8:05 PM, wtcc5 said:

@ViperSlider: I don’t know, regarding the TypeE, but you can choose the TypeE section here and the parts shown should all fit:

https://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index.php?incl=9&sfirma=alle&sbest=tt01+&mth3=sinfo

It shows all parts, not only the Hop-Ups.

Thank you for replying...

I have just collected some parts and looking to order some more and I noticed something, which I think you've answered in your thread but I'll ask anyway...

You've used the 39mm blue rear swing shafts but then opted for black ones up front, is that to maintain the catalogue replica or because they're rear only.

Follow up question: any reason why they can't be used up front? It bothers me somewhat that they aren't the same front to rear lol! 

Love this thread @wtcc5!  I have a TT01E sitting waiting to be built (911 GT3 Cup) so am drinking in all of your fantastic knowledge and educating myself before I take the plunge.  Keep it coming please! B)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ViperSlider said:

You've used the 39mm blue rear swing shafts but then opted for black ones up front, is that to maintain the catalogue replica or because they're rear only.

Follow up question: any reason why they can't be used up front? It bothers me somewhat that they aren't the same front to rear lol! 

Black cardans in front has two reasons:

1. Catalogue replica, as you guessed right

and

2. You normally want steel cardans in front, because of the stronger forces (breaking and impacts). Aluminium will wear out faster and won't stand a hit on the boards (a lot of slop is the result), especially with one-ways and spools.

So if you will run yours, my recommendation would be steel in front to save money and maintenance time. 

• Like 2

this is the nicest TT-01 i have seen.

my first hobby grade RC car was a TT-01, and it is also the chassis i have had most of. i have sold all of them, except the first one.

i think i have read somewhere, that the stabilizer bars front and rear are interchangeable if you use them on the Type-D bumpers. i think i know a place that still has both stabilizer sets in stock, if you still need one?

• Thanks 1

@Alexei: Thank you for these nice words!

If you tell me where to get a set, I will gladly get buy it.

i have sent an PM.

according to the TT-01R manual, the front sway bars can be used on rear too. i think is for when mounting on the chassis only. TT-01R and TT-01D has those chassis mounts (which you also have installed), i dont think the other version have them.

tt-01-option.jpg

img_5738hvc5w.jpg

I promised another TT-01 build here months ago and now want to fulfill  my promise.

As I often tend to do, I started with the tires first. They got firm foam inserts:

img_5739okcva.jpg

img_5740k2ei1.jpg

img_5742mvdxx.jpg

First steps with the tub:

img_5743c2fxb.jpg

img_574469f63.jpg

I couldn't resist and put in a black can:

img_57459nf6j.jpg

img_5746uuirg.jpg

Next on were the white diffs:

img_5747dcdnk.jpg

img_5749jachy.jpg

• Like 4

At this build stage, I recognized, that I had no lower arms for this chassis :rolleyes:

A little change of plan then brought me directly to the body:

img_5750dtfqh.jpg

Cut, sanded, washed and masked:

img_5751cxeot.jpg

Painted:

img_5752uxd9u.jpg

Done some stickers and painted the body parts:

img_575303ekl.jpg

Finished:

img_57545yf3b.jpg

• Like 5

img_5789haf2h.jpg

Stuff arrived ^_^ I went directly for the TT-01D suspension parts with droop adjustment and anti-roll-bar preparation.

img_5790qfdho.jpg

Now, to the completing of the rear suspension:

img_5791vbe9j.jpg

img_5792hgev6.jpg

Front:

img_5796ndd6e.jpg

img_5805egchx.jpg

img_5806nyi0r.jpg

TT-01 topdecks are hard to get, so I thought why not draw it yourself:

img_5807pqiqx.jpg

img_5808vmi1l.jpg

Steering:

img_5809sjf24.jpg

img_58108pd6m.jpg

Dampers:

img_5811wlfrs.jpg

For the rear, I made sure the dampers stand vertical:

img_5812zeeo5.jpg

img_5813iee4u.jpg

And the bumper:

img_5814s0cir.jpg

• Like 3

In between I had a change of mind. The 320s body went onto the full Hop-Up TT-01 (I build here earlier in this thread) and the M3 E30 will be mounted on the actual build.

img_58152bcj3.jpg

I was also unhappy with the front tire geometry and replaced the steering links with adjustable ones:

img_5816freeo.jpg

img_5817ebiws.jpg

The whole chassis:

img_58182wi9a.jpg

How do you like the carbon battery brace?

Both chassis:

img_5819crenm.jpg

With bodies:

img_5822crc4g.jpg

img_58238xdm4.jpg

:wub:

I have BMW fever now :D

• Like 8

Chassis brace looks good, is it your own work?

The carbon battery strap, is that your work too?

• Thanks 1

@svenb: The topdeck is a copy of Tamiyas original (the car with the blue aluminum has the original, the other the copy installed). The battery brace is my design to match the topdeck. :)

• Like 3

On 2/18/2023 at 3:05 PM, wtcc5 said:

@svenb: The topdeck is a copy of Tamiyas original (the car with the blue aluminum has the original, the other the copy installed). The battery brace is my design to match the topdeck. :)

I am so glad I found this! While my futile hunt for a dirt cheap FF-01....

This would satisfy another hole. I was forced to sell my TT-02 Bits a Build (rent!). But I got such a pathetically LOW amount - considering it included electronics, had sealed gear Diffs, all aluminininium front steering/suspension.... AND the rare blue FRP Chassis. 

In the US, I couldn't get more than $68.00 for it, after SIX relistings... I LOST MONEY SELLING IT!!! 🤬😭😭🤬

So, how about Bits a Build TT-01E?? Readily available parts, CHEAP, and I've already got wheels/tires, Aluminininium Shocks, WP-1060 ESC, Motor and receiver. 

And as always, your thread offers insight into options/quirks/mods to build something decent!

BOTH of yours, nearly stock, and full insanity builds... are incredible!!

• Thanks 1