GermanTA03Guy

TA03 Madness - GODZILLA

Superb work on the overalls and helmet!!

Is the yellow and blue on the helmet a decal or paint?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Hmm just seen the previous page and its on the mci decal sheet!

Hi, yup exactly... Plus The blue visor stripe is cut out from blue vinyl and the white Nissan logo was a custom print.. Thank for the compliments :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, plastic out, Alu in. 

ksk8y.jpg

This is my absolute favorite hop up of all the great hop ups for this chassis. Couldn't believe my luck when it appeared in an online shop nib for the normal price. Committed the sacrilege to open and use it, now thinking even about the even bigger sacrilege to remove the steering angle limiter with a dremel. What do you think? 

fikvx.jpg

hqk5r.jpg

qpjek.jpg

jjkfc.jpg

• Like 8

16 hours ago, GermanTA03Guy said:

huk2h.jpg

The R32 is one of my favourites and I've got a stack of them waiting to be painted in various liveries, including the calsonic, but I've seen various shades of blue used (unless it's just lighting) - I like the shade you've used. Which colour did you use?

Hi, thanks, actually I think it's lighting... Mine is the standard tamiya calsonic color, ps 30 brilliant blue. They say it's too bright compared to the real thing. I think rather a tad too bright than too dark. For a perfect scale calsonic color, you'd have to chose another manufacturer than tamiya.. I did back it with black (and then blue again, so the interior has the paint look) but in my eyes the backing doesn't make a difference.... 

17 hours ago, GermanTA03Guy said:

Committed the sacrilege to open and use it, now thinking even about the even bigger sacrilege to remove the steering angle limiter with a dremel. What do you think? 

Don't do it!

I've got one for sale that has already had the limiter removed (not by me, I bought it like that), so if you are going to take that step then buy mine and keep yours immaculate :lol:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a teaser.... Did the main stickering today... 

ankab.jpg

It's not done yet... I've got an exhaust to build, panel lines to tape, body posts to cut, stance to adjust, fake intercooler to put in, and well ok, to solder the esc.... 

• Like 7

So..... I´ve FINALLY managed to finish and photograph Godzilla (and its great grandson) ....

Again, a shoutout to KUHFARBEN / Truck Norris for the great inspiration and sharing a few tips on his facebook publishings !
If you read this, don´t worry, I´m not planning to "copy" more of your builds. My next 3 TA03 builds are already destined, and they´re all type of cars that KUHFARBEN hasn´t built (yet).

But enough of this, let´s go GODZILLA !

r32_00txkaq.jpg

r32_01afkjh.jpg

r32_02ag8j4m.jpg

r32_0409jdm.jpg

r32_068mj6g.jpg

r32_07b5j6k.jpg

r32_0880js1.jpg

r32_0973juc.jpg

r32_11yaj15.jpg

r32_1272j35.jpg

r32_141bk57.jpg

r32_158gjzd.jpg

r32_16x7jvq.jpg

r32_17f3kcn.jpg

r32_186ak72.jpg

by the way... this is eventually going to be a runner. The other reason beside falling in love with the original car was because it has quite some ride height whilst still looking proper, so I thought it would be a good street runner.

I am going to save this body and wheels though, so I have to paint and sticker the 2nd body up first before I will run it. The runner wheels are at the start of the thread if I remember correctly, THey´re 1-piece, very similar design, and also painted up nicely. But as you saw, I shouldnt forget to do the soldering job, too... The 2nd shell will be really really similar, maybe I leave the jacks and the exhausts away, because in my opinion they´re a pain to attach, they´re weighty and in running will be a weak point...

cheers

• Like 18

soj9a.jpg

wqjqs.jpg

k4kgb.jpg

8gjk5.jpg

ohjmg.jpg

Teammates reunited.... how nice that the mci decals of the r32 #12 included both kazunori hoshino and masahiko kageyama helmets.... can use that now for the r33

• Like 6

..some work in progress (e.g. seatbelt buckles to paint, obviously head to screw on lol)....  I stumbled upon "Custom wet Transfer decals" and got carried away a little :D Sizes are not perfect (omp and sparco too small, momo too big), but what is...i mean even the Tamiya RHD cockpit is very much that of a r32 and not anything else, not even similar to r33..

and its supposed to make me happy, Not stressed out, and it does... the original suit was also not sparco, but really who cares... i think its goodenough.

The cool thing about wet transfer decals like from the 1/24 kits is that they have so little thickness, unlike a sticker that doesnt hold on to the suit and stands up like a scale sheet of metal...

69jqe.jpg

6rjrv.jpg

2vks4.jpg

I enjoy the "weld seams" :D which are excess glue pressed out.. and now with the precise calsonic lettering on the suit the brush strokes seem so coarse... on the r32 i painted the lettering.. was also nice...

0jkxp.jpg

• Like 4

g2kqc.jpg

u6kl1.jpg

The Window Masks were the best fitting ive seen.... i left a bit more over of the fenders because that is Important for the stance which i think is gonna be challenging on this shell with the huge overhangs....  

• Like 2

Calling it done for now ! The actual window stickers were an absolute pain ! Way too small, had to do tons of manual cutting... Other than that,

this time I did without actual intercooler (just sticker), tow hooks and rear view inside mirror, as I had the feeling its not worth it and I want to run it at some point, at least mildly..
What I did and really dig is the holes in the side window (found a reference pic from the real thing that I liked) and the little exhaust, which was a lot better to do than on the R32.

Unfortunately you nearly don´t see the cage anymore, but I think a cockpit without the cage is just half as good anyway...

Let´s go Godzilla (´s son) !

9kjkl.jpg

stksk.jpg

v6j0g.jpg

v8kjq.jpg

jkkf0.jpg

anjro.jpg

m2kw2.jpg

bzjyx.jpg

qzkpj.jpg

2hkex.jpg

eokoq.jpg

60k3v.jpg

13uajbk.jpg

pek04.jpg

61ky0.jpg

gnji4.jpg

fvkem.jpg

6mk0c.jpg

• Like 8

Yea i think they both have "something special" but theyre both not REALLY pretty. The do grow on ya though, and then its Hard to judge objectively anymore. Also because they are both quite Pop cultural and legendary..r32 a lot more obviously...  but theyre childs of their time very much as well... long Story short, i agree the r32 is somehow more well rounded... the r33 is a little more weird and quirky, and looks a bit sluggish. But also more race-bred, not so everydayish.. and the tamiya Interpretation is not AS Spot on as the r32. E.g. the overhangs and the wheel sizes are a bit strange... The r32 is Just perfect in terms of scale, proportions etc... maybe what caught me was also that the r33 is quite rare and not so overused.. and i like the sleek Look with the really tight wheel arches... the more you Look at it the more you appreciate it to a certain point.. e.g. i like the r33 a lot more than the r34 right now, although objectively the r34 is more aesthetic. Maybe ive Just seen the r34 too much and they are often so cheesy because of f&f .

Originally i wanted an r32 because it sits so high, so i can drive on normal surfaces. R33 only looks good really Low, which is impractical.. i saw it on auction and  couldnt resist, Fell in love with that bulky thing.