53HRA

HUGE RC auction

10 hours ago, Tamiya_Cars_4_Life said:

Got myself a Stadium Raider from this auction, sealed!!!!! What to expect in the box, and performance-wise?

Thanks!

Not sure I had the Sandshaker that had the same body!

9 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Not sure I had the Sandshaker that had the same body!

I'm expecting the desert fielder to perform better than the sandshaker. But both will be fun and my first stadium trucks.  

On 3/27/2022 at 12:18 PM, A-Baum said:

I guess.  The weird thing with the Wild Willy 2s was the prebids were at current retail levels. Most were $170/$180 pre bids. Like people never bothered to see if you can buy that anywhere?  I just want to talk to one person who bought one of the Wild Willy 2s and ask what the deal is. I won't rest until that happens. 

I also noticed the TT02 Audi went for more than you can buy it for retail?  I guess some people just like the thrill of winning and auction?  Make so sense to me. If you shop that car around it can be had for $120USD. I think I was it sold for $180

4 hours ago, Exit13 said:

I also noticed the TT02 Audi went for more than you can buy it for retail?  I guess some people just like the thrill of winning and auction?  Make so sense to me. If you shop that car around it can be had for $120USD. I think I was it sold for $180

Same with the DT-02 Titan. By all accounts a very low end, non collectible kit that's readily available at nearly every only hobby shop for $150-$170 shipped with coupon. $179 is the worst price I've seen. I think it went for $195.  Plus 6% premium and shipping?  I just don't get it.

On a positive note the two kits I won only cost $40 total to ship. I just paid it so I assume they will be on their way shortly.  It's not a bad shipping cost considering the circumstances. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 6:15 AM, Kol__ said:

Yeah I see a lot of those over priced kits on eBay too, in particular the Japanese prices are ridiculous, to the point where my in my searches I have blocked every single Japanese seller. I just think 'deluded idiots' tbh:ph34r:

Yes I have also  noticed the ridiculous prices from some Japanese sellers also for TGX parts…..I had wondered if they had just mucked up the exchange rates but clearly not…..does make searching  annoying at times….

• Like 1

I viewed the live auction in it's entirety over two days.

The only rational conclusion I could come to is massive amounts of shill bidding. It's a shame, really.

Just received my shipping invoice for 1 RC boat and 2 box tops traveling from the Dakota to Pennsylvania.- $100 - $21 of that for materials!!

I gotta get back out to the mailbox now. Because surely at those rates it'll be here any second.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/8/2022 at 6:38 PM, Tamiya_Cars_4_Life said:

Lol, already got mine in the mail. Bought three lots totaling $240, shipping label and materials were $30, totaling me up to $270.

At least everything came undamaged… and as listed by the auctioneers…🤷🏻‍♂️

I have no idea how you got that rate. The kits alone were showing $35 for the smaller ones. In fact, you're the only person i've seen that didn't find the shipping rates shady. 

Here's what I was charged $15 for 'materials' for: It's literally whatever was laying around Larry's place from stuff he had shipped in. Toss in a random garbage bag, 1 gallon freezer bag, and some old newspaper for good measure. I don't even think the box I was charged an additional amount for was new. So they definitely squeaked another 20 bucks out of me here.

IMG_2453.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TechWun said:

I have no idea how you got that rate. The kits alone were showing $35 for the smaller ones. In fact, you're the only person i've seen that didn't find the shipping rates shady. 

Here's what I was charged $15 for 'materials' for: It's literally whatever was laying around Larry's place from stuff he had shipped in. Toss in a random garbage bag, 1 gallon freezer bag, and some old newspaper for good measure. I don't even think the box I was charged an additional amount for was new. So they definitely squeaked another 20 bucks out of me here.

This kind of remind me of what someone had said here recently about how he is happy paying a certain shop for rip off postage, even gladly paying up more after receiving emails from the shop wanting additional money for shipping, saying it is "worth it". To some, the value of money is different I suppose. 

On 3/28/2022 at 5:57 PM, Busdriver said:

Actually the body isn’t unique!! It’s also the same on the Stadium Raider which also bombed. I still have the body and wheels in a box somewhere . I did mine in straight gunmetal with two yellow stripes across the bonnet roof and rear deck. I’ve never measured it but either the wheels have larger offset or the arms are longer but it seems wider. I’ll have to investigate!!! 

58231 Wild Dagger and 44025 Mad Bison have the same body too.  As for width of the Stadium Raider, it has a standard TL01 chassis, but has the wheels from the announced, but never released 58238 Schlesser Buggy Megane. The Stadium Raider is in fact identical to 58238 except for the body. 

What came of this?  Did any of y’all win some bids?

I was hoping too see the completed listings, but navigating their website is just as messy as their shipping methods.

• Like 1

Don’t blame you lol. Only snagged one lot, which was the Tamiya Toyota Tundra High-Lift for $295. Yes, there are some absolutely spic-n-span Tundra kits out there for $330, but this one was a shelf queen (zero wear) and has a light and sound kit installed, and on top of that comes with a TX and RX. Good deal? Who knows.

I forgot the last day on this second one was yesterday, but that is probably good anyway.  The NIB tamtech lambo I got from Europe a month ago was less than $200 shipped, and one here went for ~$295 + shipping. is 6% buyers premium over the auction price?