JIMINIL

Newbie with a Clod Problem

Back in the late 80's, I bought my first RC.  It was a Kyosho Rocky purchased from Tower Hobbies using yard mowing money.  I loved that car and had a lot of fun tearing up the back yard.  Then, College came along, then wife, then kids, then career, then kids college, etc.  Well, the kids are done with school and I'm pretty much a full time caregiver outside of work for my disabled wife.  With extra time on my hands and long midwest USA winters, I decided to resurrect a hobby project I always wanted to complete...a Clod Buster.  As you can see, I got a bit carried away.  What started out as some research and purchase of a Super Clod Buster turned into the future endeavors of what you see below.  For this group of trucks, I will be building all stock and only run the occasional carpet hot lap.  Along with the purchase of the circa 1992 original Clod, were included new unopened aftermarket parts including an original Sassy Chassis, a full set of unassembled blue anodized/oil filled  YOU-G PRODUCTS shocks, and twin new-in-box '87 World Champion Trinity Motors (one is reversed timed).  That will be the Clod-I-Always-Wanted project later.  I'll be acquiring parts for that project along the way.  Anyway, I have rambled long enough.  I look forward continuing to follow everyone's endeavors...Cheers!

Clods.jpg

• Like 8

Very cool and welcome!  That's a heck of a start to a Clod collection.  Those trinity motors are cool, haven't seen a set of those in years.  If you get bored again I'd suggest a Juggernaut, awesome leaf-sprung beast. 

Be sure to post when you start building, no such thing as too many Clod builds on TC. 

Let Agrios Borrow Clod-buster Wheel Axl and Tyres/wheelsetup and you have the very best Tamiya Monster Truck Right there ;), simply love TXT2-Agrios! but sadly it lack both spare parts & hop-ups :(

Welcome!

Very nice and welcome back! Take your time with each build and enjoy the process! I too have a little of the Clod fever :lol:

I think i have a Problem too.

I want a 2nd runable Clod. There is a Bullhead for 180 for sale with a Radio, but without the Batteryclip....

I never liked the Bullhead because i thought it looks to tall and top heavy, but when you lenghten the wheelbase, i think i like the look.

Mainly i want a Bullhead to have that red chassis and the yellow parts, is was planning to get a black Body for it....