Raman36

RC Channel SRB suspension

Good news! Paul at RC Channel said the SRB suspension with be available next month. 

He is calling it new, so expect changes.  He told me last year that the mould for original were not reusable, that’s why we saw supply dry up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great news! I bought one the first time around. It's a great kit.

I hope he will rerelease the dampers also.

Rick

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Good news! Paul at RC Channel said the SRB suspension with be available next month.

Coincidentally, for the first time in a long time it occurred to me earlier today to check whether these sets had been listed in his shop again, and then I promptly forgot, so great to hear this news - thanks @Raman36 😄

• Like 1

A bit of a noob wrt. the SRB, can you tell me is this a suspension upgrade over what's in the re re sand scorcher kit or is it for repairing restoring originals? 

SRB suffers from severe positive camber and as you compress goes negative. the tyre & wheel is also fixed on the same axis as the A arm. With this positive level, it makes the car flip over with easy when cornering. Many blames this on the lack of differential, but it’s actually the positive camber. 

The RC channel adds an upright hub that attaches to the lower A arm, along with an upper link that controls camber position. This does away with the positive camber and allows tyre to sit flat on surface. As you compress, you will have some negative camber gain, which is what you want in corners. 

• Thanks 2

Very cool, I'm interested in getting a set too.    The super positive camber gives the SRB its character so I am partly against doing it on mine, but I know that crazy positive camber is basically no good..  plus, mine is a re-re so I am not critical about keeping it all original.  (running an aluminum front bumper piece already anyway).

If you plan on running the SRB, the suspension makes it a pleasure to drive.

• Like 2

I totally agree. Even more with the ball diff.... but then again it's more ore less adapted to on road use, a kind of Street Racing Buggy :D

But for beach running there is nothing like a stock SRB ;)

• Like 2

Yeah, I am running ball diffs on mine too so I'm okay with further modding mine for drivability.  

Is RC channel based in Taiwan? If so does anyone know is there anything to look out for tax or customs wise when ordering from them to the UK? E. G. Is there are a price threshold it makes sense to stay below? 

4 hours ago, Steelyglint said:

Is RC channel based in Taiwan? If so does anyone know is there anything to look out for tax or customs wise when ordering from them to the UK? E. G. Is there are a price threshold it makes sense to stay below? 

Reflecting HMRC rules, if the declared value is below £135, in theory you shouldn’t get taxed on entry into the UK. That’s been my experience since Brexit anyway with stuff like this coming into the UK from anywhere in the world. Overseas sellers will typically declare value in their own currency, so I tend to think it best to aim for £125-130 equivalent to be on the safe side.

• Thanks 1