Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Accidentalcarper

PLEASE HELP ! HUNTING FOR WHEELS & TYRES

Recommended Posts

good evening all,

I have been stalking this forum for a few weeks and would like to say that there is some truly inspiring peeps on here. you have rekindled my childhood hobby and for that I have to say thanks ! i'm on the hunt for some wheels and tyres for a build I want to recreate ive seen on youtube. the chap builds beetle and puts Hoosier drag wheels front and back on black wheels, ive been searching high and low for them but cannot find. 

 

they are for a Tamiya DT03 [1:10 scale] if any one can sell me some I would be a very happy man .

 

happy RC'ing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a screenshot of what they look like? Are they dished wheels or spoked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hoosier drag tires are made by a couple different companies I think. Here are the Proline tires:

https://www.prolineracing.com/product/1-10-hoosier-drag-slick-s3-rear-2.2-3.0-drag-racing-tire-2/PRO10157203.html
 

It is also possible to buy tire stencils and mark your own tires with the Hoosier logo.

Screen shot or link to the car you have in mind would help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the car you’re talking about???

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chaps , I would appreciate a little help, I've bought the tyres , and tracked down the wheels to match ,the next hurdle is the wheels are hex (they are going on a Dt02 b) which means the Front axles are too long and the hex have no bearing d , I've overcome the bearing issue with ball raced inserts but the axles are too long and if I pack them out the Front face of the wheel binds as there is no facility to put the bearing against the lock nut. Please help !!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have pictures of the problem? To be honest I don't understand the problem from your description.

Maybe your question is better placed in the general section or in the build tips section as not everyone take a look in the trading area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2022 at 1:09 PM, Aerobert said:

Do you have pictures of the problem? To be honest I don't understand the problem from your description.

Maybe your question is better placed in the general section or in the build tips section as not everyone take a look in the trading area.

Hi , thanks I'll repost in build tips 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2022 at 5:42 PM, Accidentalcarper said:

Chaps , I would appreciate a little help, I've bought the tyres , and tracked down the wheels to match ,the next hurdle is the wheels are hex (they are going on a Dt02 b) which means the Front axles are too long and the hex have no bearing d , I've overcome the bearing issue with ball raced inserts but the axles are too long and if I pack them out the Front face of the wheel binds as there is no facility to put the bearing against the lock nut. Please help !!!!!!

Is it the stock DT-03 buggy axles or the longer Aqroshot /Blitzer /Mad Bull ones you have that are too long?

I've got spare short (stock Neo Fighter) ones and would be happy to swap for some long ones because they're a part we break sometimes. Or can just send you them.

But before you buy/fit any other parts, is this for a runner? I would pop a load of spacing on the nut end of a long axle and run it to see whether your hex adapters work well for you, because if they don't then you'll be wasting time trying to fit other parts around them. As per other thread, I went for a proper hex fitting upright and axle, which is a better engineered solution than an adapter.

With any axle length you'll find the outer face of the wheel has the potential to bind against the nut, if the adapters are designed as I think they are. However, some do apparently get on with them fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Is it the stock DT-03 buggy axles or the longer Aqroshot /Blitzer /Mad Bull ones you have that are too long?

I've got spare short (stock Neo Fighter) ones and would be happy to swap for some long ones because they're a part we break sometimes. Or can just send you them.

But before you buy/fit any other parts, is this for a runner? I would pop a load of spacing on the nut end of a long axle and run it to see whether your hex adapters work well for you, because if they don't then you'll be wasting time trying to fit other parts around them. As per other thread, I went for a proper hex fitting upright and axle, which is a better engineered solution than an adapter.

With any axle length you'll find the outer face of the wheel has the potential to bind against the nut, if the adapters are designed as I think they are. However, some do apparently get on with them fine. 

Hi

 

It was an aqroshot we've put a brushless in it , and want to put Hoosier slicks , my basic problem is what wheels for the Hoosier slicks and the how to counteract any issues caused by the addition of these slicks and the wheels 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Accidentalcarper said:

Hi

 

It was an aqroshot we've put a brushless in it , and want to put Hoosier slicks , my basic problem is what wheels for the Hoosier slicks and the how to counteract any issues caused by the addition of these slicks and the wheels 

OK. Well, I've the shorter axles if you want to try/swap them. Equally, they're a standard part on many cars so I suspect they'll be common and easy to get hold of. Pretty sure these are they:

https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/tamiya-l-r-upright-for-58184-0555059-81513

But I suspect if you can't get them running right on the long axles with some spacers, you'll probably have problems on the short ones too. I didn't like the idea of hex adapters at all, hence going another route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...