-A52-

Inherited an old SRB and would like to restore/modernize it!

Hi all! I’m new here and inherited this old SRB Tamiya from my uncle maybe 12 or so years ago. And it’s been sitting in the shed ever since. Got the itch to break it back out and get it running!

Any tips/info/help would be much appreciated!

3C2ADD0F-1D0C-404E-84BE-12EF68C900F6.jpeg

37AF007E-D4F8-4D3D-A8F6-1A0742416243.jpeg

51C4BE17-573F-45BB-947C-BA2F7A6FA09C.jpeg

• Like 5

Keep the body intact the way it is. Don’t touch it. That part is worth a couple hundred right there. Get a ReRe Blackfoot body to replace it. 

• Like 4

I would disassemble, clean, and rebuild with all original parts. If any are broken, I would try to replace with vintage.  

Then I would put it in a shelf and buy a re-release to drive around and play with.

• Like 4

Nice! Not sure what those cool aftermarket wheels are, but those tires look great on there! And that body is awesome, looks like it all just needs a good cleanup and maybe some new tires and electronics? Guess you won't know the whole story until you pull it apart. These old cars are pretty robust when you add a full set of bearings and modern electronics, as long as you drive them within their limits (which is quite slow in some cases).

Then of course you'll need a second truck for truly bashing around...

... and then a buggy

... and then a touring car

• Like 3

Those tires look like You-G tires based on tread pattern. Those wheels might be gold chromed CRPs with holes???

4 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

Those tires look like You-G tires based on tread pattern. Those wheels might be gold chromed CRPs with holes???

You're right AND correct ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

I would disassemble, clean, and rebuild with all original parts. If any are broken, I would try to replace with vintage.  

Then I would put it in a shelf and buy a re-release to drive around and play with.

I'd also install a full bearing kit. Personally, I would run it gently and get some pictures and video. 

• Like 6