rich_morris

Low Speed Control Sensitivity

Hi,

Over Xmas, my son's and I built 3 TT-02 cars. For various reasons with different combinations of ESC and radio gear.

Two are able to be controlled at low speeds.

The third (TBLE-02 and FlySky radio) does not allow very low speed.

I have tried setting and resetting high end points.

The reverse mode is set up, it's in brushed mode.

All 3 cars have stock torque tuned motors.

Is there something else I need to adjust or set to fix this? Or is it a characteristic of that ESC?

Thanks

Rich

To rule out other effects, I swapped the ESC for a hobbywing 1060, and I can then achieve controlled slow speeds.

So unless there's a setting or adjustment I've missed, I think it's the nature of that ESC.

So far I am more impressed by Hobbywing ESC than Tamiyas.

I have a similar setup with CR3P Tx, Flysky Rx and 04 ESC and am not happy with the results. It seems extremely sensitive in the neutral, meaning it moves without me touching the throttle. It take 10 clicks of trim to stop it. Yes, my neutral point was set as per the instructions, 3 times! I might eventually just swap in a 1060 like you did at some point instead. I just think these TBLE are not very good ESCs. 

• Like 1

@rich_morris What you observed on the TBLE02S is correct.  The older gen TBLE02S had much more modulation at lower speeds, but the newer ones do not.  

This is why I run HobbyWing 1060 on the newer kits (and jealous to see some newer Tamiya kits come with 1060’s in the box).. 

• Like 1

Thanks to both of you.

My son's ok with it as is for now. I'll swap out properly for a spare Hobbywing when I can, or the Tamiya one fails.

Cheers!

57 minutes ago, rich_morris said:

Thanks to both of you.

My son's ok with it as is for now. I'll swap out properly for a spare Hobbywing when I can, or the Tamiya one fails.

Cheers!

No problem.  I think unless one was doing some detailed crawler/trailing type driving I don't think it would matter too much.   I happen to drive my cars indoors so the lower speed modulation is quite valuable, but when I'm outdoors bashing my TT02B, I honestly don't care.    Have fun out there!

Yep the newer 02 escs don’t have that fine low speed control that the older ones had. I found that out as well testing a new built car in the house!!

I had thought the 04S was better in this but haven’t run that car with one of them in a way to check it properly.

15 hours ago, Alangt4 said:

Yep the newer 02 escs don’t have that fine low speed control that the older ones had. I found that out as well testing a new built car in the house!!

I had thought the 04S was better in this but haven’t run that car with one of them in a way to check it properly.

The TBLE04s in my other son's car seems to be working fine. Has good low speed control.

But I did have to return a 04s, as it had some other issues. That's why I have a Hobbywing 1060 in one car now.

• Like 1