Tommyh89

A question of Blackfoot speed or brushless.

Treated myself to a little Blackfoot build, more so for me and the boy but it’s a good excuse for me to tinker! 

my question is will these handle brushless? I’ve got a 60a hobby king esc and a 3650kv motor and a small 2s lipo lying about but wondered if it would be overkill? 

otherwise what options are there for a bit more speed than the normal 540 can? It comes with the tamiya esc so a sport tuned motor and 2s lipo

obviously don’t want to kill it! But wouldn’t mind it a tad faster to bring a smile to my face if that makes sense! 

If you intend to run the BF a lot then you will need one of these trans braces as the gearbox sides flex and lead to premature failure of the gears  , check this out . The Beetle is running brushless  :-

You could fit the sport tuned for more punch than a stock 540 but not the same as brushless , you would still be advised to fit a trans brace though

That’s awesome! Just need to find the page where you can actually buy them now ha! I would like to run brushless, but not completely destroy the thing! 

14 hours ago, Tommyh89 said:

That’s awesome! Just need to find the page where you can actually buy them now ha! I would like to run brushless, but not completely destroy the thing! 

Send a message to @Problemchild or @Xeostar, they will sort you out. Great bit of kit. Just does what it says on the tin!!!