Sign in to follow this  
RC_Maniac

My Tyrrell P34 project

So my first post here, thought I’d show you what I’m working on. A bit about me first I have built a few classic kits Hotshot, Vanessa’s LB and Boomerang. I no longer have them but I did build them many years ago.

I picked this up relatively cheap and it was in a state however all parts are there and the body was partly cut, some holes drilled in the wrong place. 
The body is roughly cut and I have stripped and rebuilt the chassis. 

What are peoples opinions? A few times I have thought about selling it on and start something I really want to do. But every time I look at the rear end I change my mind. I’m still a bit undecided whether to finish or not. 

073444F9-5BDC-4E3C-B186-DA44FDAE559F.jpeg

C6F295BF-6D30-4B1A-9730-F7C2BE7E8E70.jpeg

• Like 4

When I say "strip" I do mean the Tyrrell 😳

• Confused 1

Use magnetic body mounts to avoid making more holes in the shell. 

• Like 1

I have one of these in my fleet, and it is certainly eye-catching, be it on the shelf or on the track. The bodyshell is really difficult to do well though, and having succeeded in finishing mine without any glaring errors, I am very reluctant to give it the beans in case I damage it.

However since the body on yours is already less than perfect, you probably won't have this issue. Unless you are sure you won't be getting any fun out of running it, I'd say finish it, run it, enjoy it, and maybe get a second bodyset that you can finish to a pristine standard and use for shelf display.