Sign in to follow this  
Collin

Very, (very, very) sticky vinyl foil or simular

19 hours ago, Collin said:

Ah, no! The weight reduction is the feature. Isn't it obvious? :huh: Why should I cut a new one then? I only want to keep the dirt out of the gears, which means I have to close the holes with something pretty light. That would be a foil most likely. A sticky one.

Yeah, I'd probably still make a new one, put an end mill bit in a drill press and do blind holes or slots so dust can't get in, you get the weight reduction and from the outside it still looks like a solid plate.

4 hours ago, Zealot said:

Yeah, I'd probably still make a new one, put an end mill bit in a drill press and do blind holes or slots so dust can't get in, you get the weight reduction and from the outside it still looks like a solid plate.

Shure. But that would mean doing a new plate and not doing something out of this part you already have.

• Like 1

I overestimated the weight of the silicone infill as I didn't notice that they were slightly recessed in the holes . That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it 😉  . It does look good though

Me too. Its so light and shure looks good! Also no dirt get stuck in the holes, that was the major argument against sicky foil for me.

But have a look, it was not my invention : )

ALG-CS50%2010-16-RED-Kurbelwelle-CPI-Eur

1186429d1397351587-why-filling-crank-sil