InsaneJim69

My CEN Solid axle Project Truck.

Wasn't happy with some of the wheelarch shapes and also the side steps were a bit big tbh. So cut the side steps off and reattached with double sided tape further up. Also altered the cut shape on the rear arches. Hoping to get the propshafts all dremeled and fitted late tonight 👍. So far so good. Just need to get round to removing that red anodising from the shock caps. 

dltqK9I.jpeg

425Qhlw.jpeg

LLTRztx.jpeg

All comments welcome. Also any further ideas welcome.

James

• Like 4

Much better, I like cutting arches pretty big on my trucks and getting the body as low as possible.   I'd go even further and get the body lower, but looks great as-is.  Love that paint scheme.  

• Like 1

Finally got a quick run today. Does tricks super easy. Monster Jam baby 😂👍🤘

James

• Like 1

Also the anti roll bar rods are far far too soft. And I get alot of body roll and rub. So gonna change back to the stock rods. 👍 

James.

2 minutes ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Also the anti roll bar rods are far far too soft. And I get alot of body roll and rub. So gonna change back to the stock rods. 👍 

James.

I was going to ask about that.  When you backed away from the fence in the video and made the turn the truck looked like it was rolling over a lot.  Depending on what you're goind to do with the truck, I usually go with the stiffest bar I can (for racing), except on really high bite surfaces, then you need a bit softer.  I think you'll like a stiffer bar better.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 87lc2 said:

I was going to ask about that.  When you backed away from the fence in the video and made the turn the truck looked like it was rolling over a lot.  Depending on what you're goind to do with the truck, I usually go with the stiffest bar I can (for racing), except on really high bite surfaces, then you need a bit softer.  I think you'll like a stiffer bar better.  

Yeah, just far too much body roll. The stock rods are really stiff, so should help there. Just threw in another front prop shaft as it chewed through that one fast, like 15 seconds fast 🥺🤔. The back flip was in RWD 🙄🤦‍♂️

James.

Just now, InsaneJim69 said:

Yeah, just far too much body roll. The stock rods are really stiff, so should help there. Just threw in another front prop shaft as it chewed through that one fast, like 15 seconds fast 🥺🤔. The back flip was in RWD 🙄🤦‍♂️

James.

Wow, went through a driveshaft in 15 seconds?  Must be a new record :)  

44 minutes ago, 87lc2 said:

Wow, went through a driveshaft in 15 seconds?  Must be a new record :)  

Haha, with my wheelbase increase the only propshaft I could get was 1/8 scale so had to Dremel it down. Guess I dremeled it too much 😂🤦‍♂️.

James.