Aerobert

Kyosho Mini-Z Lit Battery replacement

I have a Kyosho Mini-Z Lit with the blue Mini Cooper body. The battery died years ago and is no more existing. So the car is sitting in it's show case without being moved for ages. I have several times think about a replacement of the original battery as it is no more available. The original battery is a 4.8 V 150 mAh in a hard case. Would a 1S LiPo work and how to prevent the battery from deep discharge as there is not much space in this little car.

Does anyone have a Mini-Z Lit and done something like this before?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Have you got a photo of the original battery? I've read they are 4 x 1/3 AAA batteries - you may be able to open up the hardcase and then replace them with new 1/3 batteries.

New ones may slot in, and not even need a solder. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately not. The battery got lost in the last ten years. That's the reason why I'm thinking about LiPo. But you're right,  in the original battery are 4x 1/3 AAA cells. I guess I will order a small 1S LiPo and test if it will run. Just have to find a very small LiPo alarm or cut off.

Sorry for late reply, I've missed your question. Up to now I have no solution for this. Currently other projects got priority. But when I have found something for replacement I will post here.

Ecx do a battery with similar spec for the 1/24 Temper, not sure if it’ll meet the size/shape but I’m sure there’ll be a seller somewhere that would measure it for you. 

Here’s the part number :- O-DYNB0008

It seems expensive for what it is but I’ll bet there’s generic ones available at a more sensible price. 

• Like 2