rich_morris

TT-02 front suspension movement.

Hi all!

Before I start stripping my TT-02 down, I thought I'd ask here in case there's an obvious place to start 

My TT-02 front suspension is generally ok. Seems to move freely.

BUT, on one side only, the suspension arms seem to bind slightly before dropping to the lowest position under normal damper/spring pressure. But I can move them the rest of the way, just a few mm, easily by hand.

This causes the car to sit slightly off level.

The suspension is stock TT-02 but with CVA dampers and low friction suspension balls. (Those are not easy to get off the uprights once installed!)

I wondered if there's a known place to start my investigation??

The wheel on the same side doesn't have any axial play in it either, like all the others do? If that's related, I'm not sure...

Thanks

Rich

The usual advise is to take off everything and put stock item on and check. Then replace one item at a time with hopup parts to find out which one is causing the problem. 

Here is how I fixed a binding problem on my drive train. 

I found the culprit, and it was a result of somebody trying to solve another problem.

During last week's racing session, I lost a prop shaft and out drive cup.

I managed to collect one from race control, recovered from the track.

Without checking it too much, I refitted it for the next race.

It turns out, it had an o-ring stuffed in it, which I've been told put there to help stop drive Shaft popping out.  A side effect is it caused  the shaft to bind during suspension movement at the bottom end of travel.

Problem solved, waiting on the solution for drive shafts coming out. UJs on the way.

• Like 1