Sign in to follow this  
Steveskates

Wild Willy

So, when I was a kid growing up in the 80’s my parents bought my brothers and me three cars.  The wild Willy for me, wild one for one brother, and the hornet for the other.  We loved them.  When we left for college the cars were already collecting dust in my parent’s basement.  A little over a decade ago, a man came by to fix some plumbing and saw the cars.  He offered my father $100 for each car.  My father called us, and it seemed like a good deal, so we said sure.  Just a year ago or so, my sons started getting into rc cars and I showed my youngest boy a wild willy just like I had, and he loved it.  I started looking for one online, and couldn’t find one anywhere.  Even on eBay, there only seem to be broken not running etc.  I was wondering if anyone had one, or knew someone who had one, that might be willing to sell.  I know they are not cheap!  Ideally, I’d be looking for a box art painted one, like I had as a kid.  We didn’t build them as kids, my parents must’ve had them assembled at the hobby shop or something.  We were too young for that back then.  Anyway, anyone who has any ideas, please let me know.  Thank you!

If you want a WW to run with your son, then buy a WW2.

This is the modern version, it is cheaper to buy, much more robust and cheap to fix.

Anything vintage will potentially suffer from brittle plastic. 

• Like 1

Thank you.  I got the same advice from another member who I was emailing with.  I’m going to take the advice and go ww2.  Thanks!

• Like 3

@Steveskates Wow, your parents bought a M38 Wild Willy for you?  Dang.. mine sure didn't.  It was the car I wanted, but never could afford one.. and when I could, it was all gone.. or was it..?   ;) 

Have fun with your WW2!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steveskates said:

Thank you.  I got the same advice from another member who I was emailing with.  I’m going to take the advice and go ww2.  Thanks!

It will be great fun building it and running it with your son.

The WW2 chassis is one of my all time favourites.

On 1/15/2022 at 3:37 PM, Willy iine said:

@Steveskates Wow, your parents bought a M38 Wild Willy for you?  Dang.. mine sure didn't.  It was the car I wanted, but never could afford one.. and when I could, it was all gone.. or was it..?   ;) 

Have fun with your WW2!

Ha!  Yeah, my brothers and I got rc cars for Christmas in 1982!  Lol… it was a big present for sure! And, my parents were both teachers, so you know they weren’t making any money!  I’m also a teacher now btw… so this will break my bank as well!  Lol

• Haha 1