JezHall

S3003 Servo hardly moving...

Hi, 

The servo on my TL-01 is moving but not enough to move the wheels to full lock.

I have a full battery in the transmitter and the car. It does this when disconnected from the arms too. It seems to be set centrally on the cog.

It was working fine yesterday. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Jez1922003378_download(2).png.1c9f38caa7432ff07ddaec24f1e41013.pngdownload.png.8896299374aa760eda79c08dae480bc7.png

39 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Do you have some sort of limit on your controller?

I dont think so. It worked fine yesterday. Its an MTX-249 controller......

36 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Recenter your servo???

I think i did. I disconnected the rods and centered it. Is there a proper procedure?

5 minutes ago, JezHall said:

I think i did. I disconnected the rods and centered it. Is there a proper procedure?

Unplug servo.  Take off saver. Plug in servo and power up everything. Make sure all your settings on Tx and Rx are centered.  Reinstall saver in proper orientation.

That is a low torque servo and possibly on its way out.  

If that was me, I would get a higher torque digital servo with ~9kg or more torque.  Not that it is required, it is just easier to set up a car with a servo that can zero itself to absolute center after each turn.. in addition to using a higher torque servo saver.

I recently bought a similar HiTec analog servo like that for my custom GF01-SWB and it was pretty horrible setting it up.  I tossed it in the trash and replaced with a Savox SC1251MG I had on hand.  You probably don’t need a low profile servo so I’d check budget servos with similar torque.  GL  

Btw, I’d make sure your electronics is compatible  to use digital servos.   Not all receivers support it. 

41 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

That is a low torque servo and possibly on its way out.  

If that was me, I would get a higher torque digital servo with ~9kg or more torque.  Not that it is required, it is just easier to set up a car with a servo that can zero itself to absolute center after each turn.. in addition to using a higher torque servo saver.

I recently bought a similar HiTec analog servo like that for my custom GF01-SWB and it was pretty horrible setting it up.  I tossed it in the trash and replaced with a Savox SC1251MG I had on hand.  You probably don’t need a low profile servo so I’d check budget servos with similar torque.  GL  

Btw, I’d make sure your electronics is compatible  to use digital servos.   Not all receivers support it. 

Probably the best option. Its the only original part. I'll try a new one.

Thanks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JezHall said:

Probably the best option. Its the only original part. I'll try a new one.

Thanks

Sounds good.