Sign in to follow this  
whahooo

Tamiya Agrios Wheels

There is a Tamiya Agrios for 110 Bucks around my town. For 110 Euros i can`t say no.

I would love to get it, i`m in need of a more modern Monster Truck for heavy bashing and jumping.

But the Wheels are soooo tiny!

What options do i have for bigger wheels?

Is there a ready to use Set?

Can i just put bigger Tires on the Rims?

PS:

I don`t have the Agrios yet, i don`t know if it is already sold....

Only thing you need is 4xClod wheel Axl, then tribute & Clod tyres are direct fit.

spacer.png

Main problem with TXT-2 is to long shaft on wheel Axl, you can get a fit with tribute J-Concept Wheels if you fill up space with 2x1150 + washer in each wheel (like i have), but i would prefer the other solution.

Took me months and had to just test it myself to finally get this straight, even if i asked and googled 

• Like 2

I'm afraid I won't get the truck anyway... 

But I think I would keep the small wheels. The modern Trucks have pretty small wheels and it looks scale. Scale but odd..... 

I watched a few Agrios Videos and for a Tamiya it is a heavy basher. I think it would be more capable than my clod. 

I know that you can't jump meters in to the air, but with my nimh Packs and 25t brushed motors they can't jump that high anyway..... 

I would love to have a Agrios, it looks a bit more scale than a clod and has a overall better chassis design. Only that center shaft design is not as good as the clod design. You get that twisty force with that center shaft. 

The Truck is gone.....

https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufen/d/tamiya-agrios-535184435/

I love this Monster Truck and had so much fun with it, it was «expensive» to get it where i wanted it with help from this forum. Main problem is lack off both parts and hop-up options, and i have no clue what the original tyres does on it :)

spacer.png

On 1/15/2022 at 2:38 PM, whahooo said:

There is a Tamiya Agrios for 110 Bucks around my town. For 110 Euros i can`t say no.

I would love to get it, i`m in need of a more modern Monster Truck for heavy bashing and jumping.

But the Wheels are soooo tiny!

What options do i have for bigger wheels?

Is there a ready to use Set?

Can i just put bigger Tires on the Rims?

PS:

I don`t have the Agrios yet, i don`t know if it is already sold....

Wheels are pretty much in scale albeit rims are slightly oversized for scaled performance. 

It's the body cut on the Agrios that makes the wheels look small. A much tighter body cut round the arches and bumper etc improve things dramatically.