Sign in to follow this  
simalarion

Isolated with Corona - Entertain me w Pics off your Best Car

This is probably my favourite, It's got a 6S 1800Watt brushless 5674 motor in it that I run at 50% power, geared down by about 150 to 1. Will easily pull 3 times it's own weight.

img33435_08062015203214_3_1100_.jpg

• Like 5

For me it's got to be my 1997 and 1998 Kyosho BTCC Renault Laguna . The 1998 car being a particular favourite as it took so long to find a body and to get someone to make the decals. Strangely both are on Tamiya chassis 👍

2zOaUTl.jpeg

James.

• Like 8

@MadInventor - User name checks out :), seems like you made RC construction machine from scratch, impressive.

@InsaneJim69 - Looks super Sweet, when we are done with Corona i have my first RC Rally car waiting in a box with some hop-ups to. Subaru Impreza 2004 TT-01e, i will try the mod to make it higher. As it is my first im sure it will not look as good as yours but im learning from the best here so il do my best :)

An obvious choice for me. My Egress…

It was the car I purchased when I decided to get back in to a Tamiya after 30+ years and is the first I’ve ever built myself.

My son was finally diagnosed with Autism during lockdown and he has had a really tough time of things. When I got the Egress was just when he was turning a corner and he’s been involved in building, choosing the colour scheme and driving it (occasionally ;) ) so the car will always hold some special memories for me.

062DAEDD-9009-4D6B-BCBA-80373B1B99BD.thumb.jpeg.445267b4a2b577f8e96936010f66f3b1.jpeg

• Like 7

Great work! I love the theme you got going there!. And the Wheels are Badass. Egress is a stunning Buggy:wub:.

Hope you and your son can keep on sharing the fun i  this hobby, thats quality time right there

Hope you’re feeling OK @simalarion!

You asked for the best car, but no Avante pics yet? I can help!

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=133948&id=48472

image.thumb.jpeg.199f3ffa0be072ed62987ce85c395978.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ebe1a5a2015117fa5545eb948b91ef01.jpeg

Lots of nerdy details in my showroom entry for this one, but I think the fun thing about it is the combination of a Mini 4wd-derived livery and some Fan fiction / Alternate history as inspiration.

Hope you enjoy it!

• Like 4

Hey @simalarion!

My mother, brother, sister, bro-in-law, 2 aunts, my eldest son all just recently caught the Omicron virus and have fully recovered already. Aside from them, About 30 more people I know (mostly friends), had the same variant just recent too. Thankfully, all had mild cases. Hope you get well soon.

Cheers!

Anyway, here's one to share. It's one of my favorites in my small collection of RCs. It started as an FF-03 Pro but I have modified it heavily and took 3 years to finish. Searching for parts and waiting was what took really long. I now call it the FF-03 Pro-R since it has been fully converted to an R version, I added some more from aftermarket brands such are 3Racing, YR and my self-made/custom parts. 

48757109777_fb496b04e4_b.jpg

51332976577_8c8a4d96f9_b.jpg

:)

• Like 2

@Bwaaatch Thanks, we are all getting there now

I know this could be a litle like «swearing in church here» but my lord those custom themes you come up with looks much better than box art :ph34r:. Looks Amazing!.

Recently saw i TD4 in my favorite Clark Finest theme (Grand Prix Legend) on TC that was super sweet, im sure you have seen it. If not mistanken it was Busdriver’s creation

I know i will end up with a Avante or Egress kit someday :)

@Nicadraus - Like it a lot! As i wrote earlier i have the Subaru kit waiting in a box that is my first RC Rally kit, i peomised myself to wait with hop-ups but 1 week in isolation killed that plan fast and i ordered 3Racing dampers & YR «blue parts» , oh well :).

Either way very tidy and clean build, like it a lot!.

As for the corona i was most worried about the kids ofc as they do not get the Vaccine, but as they handle corona better they both had mild influenca symptoms only. Think Wife got it worst even if she had 2 Vaccines. But yeah it must be Omikron we got to but we did not get this confirmed 

• Like 1

Last Day in isolation *WooT* this was splendid reading material and its was very interesting to see what build & what you where most pleased with (or among them for some off you).

Thanks for sharing all!

Sorry if I’m hijacking your thread @simalarion but…

@Bwaaatch that’s stunning! I’m not a box art fan but weirdly the Avante is one of the few buggies I always thought I would create very close to box art as it’s a great scheme. But your take is really interesting, it really changes the feel and even creates a different looking shape and profile. Lovely work!

• Like 1

This is not my best car, but it might be my favourite, and at least sums up the Hobby (and Tamiya) for me.

It's a Tamiya QD, originally a Pumpkin. The electronics were sketchy, so I replaced it all with a small brushless combo and all new electronics.

The shell was it good condition, but after a little playing around I found that the WPL D12 fitted just perfectly. Inside the cab is Edgar-mon my Kumamon alternative modelled on my cat.

Love the way this handles, with a small brushless motor it's pretty zippy and has a high and low gear which makes it much more versatile. I've kept the pogo stick shocks as it's funny to see it bounce around. 

umDM6OG.jpg

dqDBfzb.jpg

All my other cars handle better, have better suspension and are faster or better off road - but this makes me smile more. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Nikko85 its not always what appear perfect and is most expensive that bring most joy and you get closest to your heart, which this is probably a good example off.

Love the sceptical «Kumamon» in there gehe

• Like 1