Since this seems to come up every once in a while, I thought I would write this all down in one spot for the sake of posterity.

SRB (Special Racing Buggy) wheels can be placed into (3) groups:

1.  Rough Rider/Buggy Champ.
2.  Super Champ/Fighting Buggy/Sand Scorcher.
3.  Ford Ranger XLT/Brat.

The RR/BC wheels are 1.7”, 5 spoke, and silver.  The Fast Attack Vehicle uses the same but molded in brown.  All of these sets use the square block style road/sand tires.

The SC/FB/SS wheels are 1.5”, 5 spoke, and white.  These are also used on the Grasshopper, Hornet, and Frog.  All of these sets use the same ribbed sand tire on the front. On the rear, the SS and GH use sand paddles, and the SC/FB, Frog, and Hornet use the spiked off road tires.

The XLT/Brat wheels are 1.7”, 8 spoke (thanks @mtbkym01), and white.  The front wheel on these sets are the same width as the rear so all four wheels use the same square block tire as the rear of the RR/BC.

There are some variations to these such as the Jun Watanabe Hornet (black wheels) and the Brat blue edition (black wheels).

If anyone else would like to info or corrections, please do so!  Also, this might be a good place to list 3rd party manufacturers that made wheels or tires for these cars or in this size range.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Good idea

I’d say the XLT/Brat are 8 spoke rather than 4

Indeed, 8 spoke and 4 bolts.  The others are 5 and 5, right???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Indeed, 8 spoke and 4 bolts.  The others are 5 and 5, right???

👍🏻 

AJ's / ProStar tires

(none of these images belong to me, I copied them from the internet.  Apologies to OPs, especially Crunchy)

AJ's #9727 / ProStar Paddle - 1.5" Rear

4gFH4On.jpg

wo4YnMV.jpg

AJ's #9779 / Prostar Grooved - 1.5" Front

PSpD6Bq.jpg

uwIuatl.jpg

• Like 1

Aristocraft Tires

(None of these images belong to me, I copied them from the internet.  Apologies to OPs, especially Crunchy)

Aristocraft #1400 - Ribbed- 1.5" Front

ztQs4fC.jpg

Aristocraft #1401 - Spiked - 1.5" Front

JqOJoY1.jpg

Aristocraft #1404 - Paddles - 1.5" Rear

SgTgC4l.jpg

Nice information thread Terry 👍

The 1st edition Ranger front wheels have a deeper dish to offset the narrower wheel arch, this was later changed by increasing the arch opening on the Ranger body shell and then std wheels all round could be used same as the Brat. 

The Hornet was released as a special edition with some funky day glow yellow wheels a few years back as well, I might be wrong but I think the body was prepainted in metallic black. 

• Like 2