This is my first topic on the forum so hope I get it right :)  I would really like some help or at least your opinions to help me decide which colour of tarp suits my Unimog best. Can make several but I'd like to limit it to 2 maximum. I just threw them over, it's only about the colours matching for now. Other colours in the next post.

20220116_143157.jpg

20220116_142941.jpg

20220116_143431.jpg

• Like 1

I've already saw your Mog on the main site. Really nice truck. I would go with the third option of the first post as it makes a nice difference to the main colour and also matches the roll on the hood. If it is too bright for you I would then suggest the second option of the first post. This have a slightly green touch which complement the main colour.

• Like 2

Agree with those or a lighter version of the green body colour. Or black.

I'm planning on a cover for the back as well but haven't decided on the body colour yet.

• Thanks 1

Not a cover but I made a fabric tonneau for the rear deck. My body is BRG and the rear is brushed steel metalcote painted on the outside. The cover started of a beige colour then I just added browns and blacks until I thought it looked about right

AC639E45-C7AC-487E-9BAB-41B215031FA2.jpeg.d28bc8c22b972c94c5c5f2cd1e4d0372.jpeg

4CA8329F-9B0B-4441-965B-2B66D157255D.jpeg.764a7f1e61816dd45b38cc42f07f09af.jpeg

8B5CCC9B-A788-4108-91AA-28A8531AA3F4.jpeg.a9c7a47995004df0bcf3dbf71f8b094d.jpeg

• Like 2

In Tamiya military models' instructions, the color for this part is XF-57 Buff usually. 

For me its the Sand colour as in my head that is the most authentic one and this seems like a authentic truck (im not a pro).

Looks very nice

• Like 1

The Tarps we used when i was serving were a dark brown colour.  Alternatively  you could make a camo net out of dark green string and add patches all over it in Nato green, brown and black.

Edit: how about using the real thing, although we didn´t use these on vehicles. But its the correct material.

https://www.militarymart.co.uk/collections/tarps/products/camouflage-tarpaulin-1-2m-x-1-8m

• Like 2

Yeah, I too was going to say do olive drab, but then it's not my truck so I would choose the top one or the last one.  The net is a nice idea @Lee1075!

These Unimogs sure look good!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Lee1075 said:

The Tarps we used when i was serving were a dark brown colour.  Alternatively  you could make a camo net out of dark green string and add patches all over it in Nato green, brown and black.

I like the idea of the camo net!

• Thanks 1

At first I looked for olive drab fabric but couldn't find the exact same shade. Better another colour than almost thesame but clearly different IMO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

At first I looked for olive drab fabric but couldn't find the exact same shade. Better another colour than almost thesame but clearly different IMO.

Agreed, contrast will make your entire truck look more interesting and appealing too, so it doesn't necessarily have to resemble the real thing.  I do this often where I paint my M38 Willy's interior black where the real M38's were the same olive drab inside and out.  Not going for function here, more for appeal so auditioning all sorts of colors and themes is a great idea.

• Like 1

They will all look great but for me 1, 5 are the best. Looking forward to seeing it complete. 

• Thanks 1