Chuck Norris

Tyres on Hornet keep coming off...

Hi, i have a Hornet, and the tyres that came stock with the car were great. However, I have since bought 2 x sets of replacement tyres and they come off very easily, after just a minute or so. You can see this in the attached photos. Any ideas to help please? 

IMG_7659.JPG

IMG_7658.JPG

Are you sure you have the tires installed correctly, the 3 piece wheel should clamp the tire securely. I know just getting the center ring in the tire is a pain in the *** sometimes!

• Thanks 1

I think I see what’s happened, the wheel in the video is just the centre section.

There are 5 tiny screws in the wheel spokes, undo those so the inner & outer section of the wheel comes away. The insert the large middle section of the wheel into the tyre (as the video) then add the inner & outer wheel sections squashing the tyre bead between them, reinsert the screws & nuts on the back, tighten them up and all should be good.

Here is the Hornet Manual, step 20 & 21 show the wheel / tyre assembly 

https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/hornet.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes , as Re-Bugged said , it looks like you have mounted the tyres with wheels assembled first .

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I think I see what’s happened, the wheel in the video is just the centre section.

There are 5 tiny screws in the wheel spokes, undo those so the inner & outer section of the wheel comes away. The insert the large middle section of the wheel into the tyre (as the video) then add the inner & outer wheel sections squashing the tyre bead between them, reinsert the screws & nuts on the back, tighten them up and all should be good.

Here is the Hornet Manual, step 20 & 21 show the wheel / tyre assembly 

https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/hornet.pdf

Thank you again, this worked perfect. much appreciate your time for helping me on this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1