OoALEJOoO

Body Wishlist

On XV-01 Chassis (can be used for on-road w/short dampers or rally kit w/ longer dampers:  Prototype Porsche 959 for sale | PistonHeads UK

On TT-01 Chassis:

ホンダ「NSX」、22年末で生産終了 電動化へシフト:朝日新聞デジタル

On TA-08 Pro Chassis:

FIRST LOOK: The Latest Singer-Modified Porsche 911 Boasts 500HP,  Development Dream Team • Petrolicious

• Like 6

I love the utilitarian "go-anywhere" 4x4s.   Since Tamiya already has a few Unimogs, I'd like to see a Pinzgauer or a Volvo C303

pinzgauer.jpg

volvo c303.jpg

• Like 7

Interesting to see very varied requests! Sport cars modern & classic, rally, Paris-Dakar, muscle cars, SUV, utility 4x4 have made it to the list.

I wonder how it is that Tamiya makes a market analysis to decide what to release next?

• Broadly known brand/model that makes it attractive?
  • Age of fan base, how would they know this (surveys?). This could dictate leaning towards classics vs modern.
  • Cost of licensing?
  • Attached to a chassis with sales potential?

I am guessing they have TONS of data from their sales experience after decades of releasing cars, which could be used to study tastes/trends from sales quantities on different parts of the world.

+1 vote on the Shelby Cobra :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OnTheTrail said:

I love the utilitarian "go-anywhere" 4x4s.   Since Tamiya already has a few Unimogs, I'd like to see a Pinzgauer or a Volvo C303

volvo c303.jpg

That can actually be scratch built with plastic card if you are up to it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

volvo c303.jpg

Very cool, if a van and a Lamborghini LM002 had a baby it would probably look like that Pinzgauer :)

screen-shot-2012-06-05-at-12-38-47-pm.pn

A Pinzgauer in a G6-01 or G6-01TR chassis would be fantastic! Much better than the terrible (in my eyes!) Dynahead.

4be3abcea1ee8d87b6f755a6a00856cb.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 53HRA said:

CE5-D44-BE-A973-4-FF2-8-C33-21-BCD39-B75

Wow, for a minute there I thought I was looking at an Australian Holden Commodore with reworked tail lights…

417C58B7-6814-4DB1-A374-8B05DBAED6A2.md. 

Jag must have run out of Mondeo’s

• Like 1

Ferrari 512BB

Ferrari Daytona

Ferrari Dino

Mazda RX-7 3rd generation

A road-racing 3rd generation Corvette 

• Like 4

Lupo GTI cup car on an M-Chassis would be cool. I'm surprised Tamiya has never done one as the Lupo Cup was quite a big thing in Japan. 

lupocup1.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah a BTCC Civic and maybe BTCC BMW 320i. 

The lack of GT cars or LeMans cars is disappointing considering how many good examples Tamiya have done over the years. The GR010 and Glikenhaus would be nice additions on the TC-01 chassis imo, knowing Tamiya they will ignore everyone and will release an Alpine on the undriveable F103GT chassis 🤦‍♂️🙄

James.

• Haha 1

spacer.png

So many good suggestions.  Heartily agree with the RS200 suggestion, the few bodies that have come on market all have some heinous distortion somewhere.

I'd vote some of the obvious classics which don't exist in 1/10th touring car size: Lotus Esprit, BMW M1, Ferrari 308 and agree on the Ferrari BB & Lamborghini Miura.

I love small sportscars too, I adore my M08 and run the old HPI Lancia Stratos shell on it.  I'd love to see a Lancia Montecarlo and I'm surprised there's no Alfa 4C.

It's criminal that none of the modern McLarens have official RC racing bodies, I made my own decals for my 720S GT3 body to look like RP01 (the orange demo car).

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Stewpac15 said:

Kaiser M715

PLEASE!!!

And not with the rolled over fenders!

Sign me up please.  I'm not a big Jeep fan but the Kaiser and the forward control.....YES.

17hrdvx7bfdpyjpg.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stewpac15 said:

Ford Pantera

art-mg-detomasopanteral8.jpg

detomaso-pantera-1.jpg

download.jpeg

Pantera.jpg

• Like 4

Alfasűd or the Alfa Romeo Sprint. Not the Giulia Sprint, the little FWD Alfa from the late 1970s/early 1980s.

If we are going to geek out over little Italian FWD cars, Lancia Fulvia,  especially the Fulvia Zagato. 

• Like 1

An Isdera Commendatore 112i would be outstanding. One of the most beautiful cars ever made (TC-01 chassis please! :)).

fbthdoxkek9qaxhrual1.jpg

Unique Isdera Commendatore 112i will be auctioned!

• Like 5

There is something about Group 5 and Group B cars that really makes them stand out! That Lancia Beta is no exception :) 

Went over to Wikipedia to read more about it and seems the Lancia 037 is based on it. Since Tamiya has the license for the 037 I really hope they release the Monte Carlo.

The recent re-release of the Cliff Calibra on TT-01E is somewhat attractive but was really looking forward to something not released before, and definitely not on a TT-01E!

• Like 1