Collin

Searching for a special vintage Tamiya part, did it ever exist?

Hi friends.

Did Tamiya ever had a wheel axle, used with dog-bones, which had a spline and not the pin, for the 12mm hex? I am lost in RC archeology and this might be a puzzle-stone helping to solve my problems.

Like this:

1200_50823.jpg

But with the splines like Astute cvds have:

astute_modifications_07.jpg

Or saddling the horse from the back, have there beed hex for pin style axles which looked like the one with splines?
1553-thickbox_default.jpg

Indeed @InsaneJim69, the Madcap/Saint Dragon had them and so did the Astute and Super Astute, same rear wheel axles in all 4 models to my knowledge. On eBay here -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-2595071-Madcap-Saint-Dragon-Wheel-Axles-x2-NEW-/152864836978?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2

I believe the King Cab and Monster Racer have the same design as well, just with longer axles for the larger wheels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You Guys are great! I knew they must exist but had no idear where to look for. Grande!

I just found this axles! They come from a Astute wreck which i bought lately. Also another part popped in my eye which is interesting, but thats another stroy.

Looks promissing. :)

Now I search for dogbones with one ring and  about 57mm length.

:wub:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Collin said:

I just found this axles! They come from a Astute wreck which i bought lately. Also another part popped in my eye which is interesting, but thats another stroy.

Looks promissing. :)

Astute wreck you say? We need pics !!! Love the Astute and Madcap. Two I truly wish Tamiya would re-release instead or re-re-releases of other ones 🙄🤦‍♂️

James.

1 hour ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Astute wreck you say? We need pics !!! Love the Astute and Madcap. Two I truly wish Tamiya would re-release instead or re-re-releases of other ones 🙄🤦‍♂️

James.

You migth know it from my other threat about Astute and Super Astute parts. It is disassembled, ultrasonic cleand, has a lot of brocen plastic and is waiting in a zip-bag for better times.

astute_001.jpg

Here is this Jamie Booth Egress I needed the axles for. But I will not use them from my wreck, there need to come other ones. The Astute will have a better life here at my place for shure : )

jb_egress_001.jpg

11 hours ago, Collin said:

Just tried the 64mm Astute ones but they are slightly too long. Need anything with one ring and around 60mm or less. Any idears?

@Collin ask Antony at Tony's Tamiya eBay shop, I'm sure he'll be able to supply you something that will work;)

• Thanks 1