Sign in to follow this  
BelknapCrater

Stateside members, Tamiya USA site issues?

Is it running slow or just inaccessible for anyone else? Using the url doesn’t connect. If I type it as a search term, I can connect with search results, but then it’s paunfully slow. This is across all my interneting devices.

Anybody else experiencing this?

I've been trying to checkout for the last hour and finally made it to the end only to see in small letters (backorder qty 1) that 90% of the stuff IN my cart is on backorder.  Canceled. Frustrating. 

I just noticed this. I had a cart with items in it (haven't visited in a while). Added some stuff, realized upon checkout that items in my cart are on out of stock/backorder. You cannot add an item that is not in stock to your wish list, which explains why I had a cart full of stuff that isn't on my wish list. 

Yeah, it was down for maintenance earlier this week. I guess they wanted to make it slower and they have succeeded.

The site always seems to run very slow.   Surprisingly since it's run by a large company that needs a well performing retail oriented information site.   But today it really slow.   

It’s been basically inaccessible for a few days, and I finally have an order that qualified for free shipping. Oh well, it’ll have to wait.

Odd thing is, nobody has mentioned it it on any of their social medias. Almost like it’s being completely ignored.

UPDATE: Looks like it’s back to its normal, pokey self.

Edited by BelknapCrater

Tamiya USA has always been slow and hard to manage for me.  But they have some cool stuff if you dig around, and if you’re patient.

They’re aware and we’re trying to fix it. By fix it, it means that it would return to its normal slowness.. so don’t get your hopes up.

• Haha 3

I just finally got my confirmation email of an order I placed 4 days ago. :D   I did notice the site is much faster! Lightning Fas , er, maybe Mach 1 fas... Well, how about "keep this bus above 50 mph" fast, versus the "We can't stop this Cruise boat going 5 mph" fast that it was the last week or so.  I kid, I kid. :)   Thanks for fixing it!

• Haha 1

Yes, it's back to it's normal pokey self. I managed to place my first order with them. It took four times as long as an A Main order would. But they're generous with the free shipping, and I bought useful stuff that was only in stock at Tower (FedEx, no thanks). So I'll see how this one goes and proceed from there.

3 hours ago, BelknapCrater said:

Yes, it's back to it's normal pokey self. I managed to place my first order with them. It took four times as long as an A Main order would. But they're generous with the free shipping, and I bought useful stuff that was only in stock at Tower (FedEx, no thanks). So I'll see how this one goes and proceed from there.

Don’t expect to hear anything for a few days.  Does take a bit to pick and pack.  But every order I have made comes packed well and I often find better prices than available elsewhere, especially on spares.

• Thanks 1

The site generally seems to be back to its usual self, but the order tracking is messed up. I did a second order more recently, and the confirmation of order mail was 4 days later.  I actually just got the package, while the site still says "sent to warehouse".  I haven't got any 'shipped' email yet.  :D   Seems the site still needs some tweaks.